Bouncy CRX Si

arrowana

I have the same setup...except I also have Prothane polyurethane bushings...Even stiffer ride. It's not bouncy bro...thats what I thought to at first, but it is actually the fact that you now feel everything on the road. What I did to lessen that feeling was get rid of my 17" show rims and low porfile tires, and put 15" racing rims with bigger race tires instead.

More tire thickness=Less "bouncy/rough" feel It made a world of difference for me anyway. You just will get used to it over time, the suspension will eventually ease up a tad with driving. I definetely have a better launch now though...especially with good tires(very important). -Steve

Your new suspension will be a little "bouncy" for the first 500-750 miles until it fully settles. Lowering springs have increased spring rates(stiffer) also the struts are stiffer than stock resulting in road feel - one of the main points of a suspension upgrade, stock makes you guess what the cars doing instead of feeling. Since the springs HAVE to be stiffer than stock I always suggest adjustable struts so your not stuck with one "feel" Pro kit's are known to be pretty tight, but I wouldn't call it bouncy. Eibach Sportlines & stock struts is what you call bouncy! If you haven't gotten an alignment I suggest you take care of that asap - camber doesn't become an issue until the drop is 2" or more.

actually doug that is not true. he could find a set of teg type r wheels from japan and have them over here and they would have the H. anyways why did u go with springs/struts again? why not a whole coilover system. i know its not everyones idea as suspension upgrade but imo it will be alot better for ya

• 2 weeks later...

pretty much any suspension mod is gonna feel that way when it's brand new. Just be patient, and be glad you don't have some ghetto-ass $100 coilovers, or cut springs. And if you like the GS-R's, roll em! i have the G3's and they look sick on my ride. Better than some freakin 18" powder-coated b/s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
thanx for bringin' it back... cuz it's still riding terrible... thinking of putting my stocks back on

yah know.. its still gonna bounce if you put the stock ones back on.. springs and shocks do age, over a period of time

I was seriously owrried about my suspension after I put my new shocks/struts/springs in. Was hella stiff. I got used to it, though there are still parts in the road that make me cringe every day.

Archived