A Hondas Life

mike5327

• 3 weeks later...
i have heard that on a 90-93 accords they might have problem after the 2-hundred thousent.

What kind of problems? I'm asking because my '93 is at 218k now, and with regular maintenence, it seems to be just fine...the only problem I'm having is oil consumption, which is something that it's always done (well, since I got the car with 157k on it) and hasn't gotten worse in the 2 1/2 years I've had it. But I'll take care of that this spring when I don't mind being outside...it's far too cold now.

oil consumption is one of them. if u have auto trans then u going to feel the shift changes a lot. in the morning u going to hear the valves working like crap. acceleration on second gear is going to be like going down down down. front engine mount its gone. but hondas are good cars man. unless u get one that has the milage lowerd from the dealers like the one that i got. if u have original miles and use the car nicely i won't be suprizet if u car reached the big 300thousend with minor repairs

see u guys have accords with original miles in it. i have seen 85 accords with 500thousend miles in it and the guy was selling it for $500. i got a 90 accord ex and i bought it for $4000 with 102k in it and after two years my #1 piston keeps breaking the same exaust valve again and again so the engine is f*cking gone. that means that the dealer lowerd my accord miles like crap. see u guys are f*cking lucky because u got accords with original miles in it. i wish i had one.

hey man that is now much the car cost here in philly. and no i didn't carfax that motherfracker. i wish i did. the car was keep well and clean. the dealership where i bought the car had a reputation that sold good cars. there is no way in hell that car is going to brake with 150k in it. fawk. my first accord was keep like crap. it burned oil like hell. my bro race it like he was a formula 1 driver. i had two guys learn how to drive in my first accord. it broke the timing blelt while i was doing 85m/perhour broke two valves etc. it still runned till my bro fracked it up. and it only had 160k in it man. there is no way in hell my second accord would brake like that. fawk my next car would be bought in a auction. it's better buying in a auction then being lied by the dealers, so fawk that i better take my chances in the public auction. wish me luck guys

there is no way in hell that car is going to brake with 150k in it.

and it only had 160k in it man

only 10k difference and the first accord was breaking like hell. how can you tell that the car wasn't raced and beat to hell if you bought it at a dealership? everybody thinks that just because its got the honda symbol on it means that the car is bulletproof...and to a certain extent they're correct.

set your timing right and you shouldn't have a problem. if you still think you did eveything thing right, swap the engine. it'll be a lot cheaper than buying a new car (especially if you pay $4k for a 90 accord up there). and if you don't want to do that then shell out the money for a newer car with less mileage from a TRUSTED private seller. buying a car at an auction is like buying a hooker. you have no idea where its been, and who's beat the hell out of it.

Well, I bought my accord from an auction near DC, and I got my '93 with 157k on it for $2k, and that to me was a good deal two years ago when I bought it. But I agree about auctions, they're a toss up. If I were you, I'd do an engine swap. I'm considering that for my accord for if and when I need it...that would be a better investment than buying another used car from someone you don't know that might have other problems that you don't know about.

i agree man but i was just saying that my first wasn't keept well and it lasted eventhough my bro raced it everytime he got his hands on it. my second accord hed less miles and was keept well and it broke down. sucks big time. about swaping i just wanna ask if the 90-93 dx lx engines will work on my 90 accord ex. will they fit well and will they work with my 90 accord ex auto trans. or should i just look only for and 90-93 ex engine. and is there a difference in engines in two door hondas and 4 door ones????

Archived