V6

mike5327

There are no swaps for a V6 Accord.

should i just get a newer v6 accord engine then?/

i think 130k mileage shouldnt be modded cause i have hunches ill explode and blow out the engine

just my opinion tell me if i should keep it though

thanks ssr

keep it...honda's last forever. if you are going to do a lot of serious stuff to it then you might want to get a lower mileage one, but you should be fine working with the high mileage. it is a honda.

if it blows you'll just have to rebuild it with better parts right? :p

mike3527 should stop posting stupid questions and do some research. :)

Keep it.

in that case, what should i do first to mod it

supercharger, ecu??

id like to change the tranny as well, right now its an auto, id like to have a manual, but i think ill have to have an engine swap to do that :crazy:

thanks for the advice SSR and optional187

you can swap trannies without having to swap motors. a friend of mine is about to put a manual tranny in his auto 240sx, says it'll take about 3-4 days.

basic starting points for mod's is intake, headers (since you have a v6 we can use that word in plural form now :p), and exhaust. does your v6 have dual exhaust from the factory? what do you want to do with your car? drag, auto x, street?

yeah it has dual exhaust, some more info on my engine is its a 24 valve

i would like to street race, i have yet to know what auto cross is, im a complete nub at this stuff

and since good starting points are intakes and headers, should i think about getting aem v2 cold air intake, and a dcsports 4-2-1 header and some new catback exhaust

and about my sig: too much bandwidth taken up, im on like many other forums, here alone theres a few thousand, who knows how many look at the picture, every time it takes up like 100k of my bandwidth mainly because thats how big it is, and i think i only have like 20 mb of bandwidth, thats why its not showing

thanks for the info optional :heart:

that heart scares me...

not too sure what the new "improved" v2 has over the old CAI, but i've heard that its nothing special. i remember jdmjackass2 posting up a graph that showed all the popular intakes dyno'd and injen gave the best hp gains. but they're all about the same, you could even go to home depot and make your own cai with some piping and a cone filter (from pep boys...not home depot) and it'd probably be just as good. a lot of dsm guys around here don't even bother and just cut their stock plastic tubing and clamp on a k&n filter.

talk to ssr about headers, he knows more about that area than me.

you gotta keep the dual exhaust going...thats for sure. anybody know if its true dual exhaust? (ie: two headers (one on each side obviously) running down to two separate cats all the way back to two mufflers) my dads truck has two cats but it runs back to one huge muffler...then again its a vortec v8. anyways...how loud do you want your exhaust to be? i know a guy with a greddy evo on his civic si and its suprisingly quiet (muffler design) with a deep tone to it, but its a little too quiet for my tastes. i'm going to order a apexi n1 exhaust for my dsm whenever i get my taxes back...which is supposed to be a little louder, but not lawn mower with nitrous loud. hmmm...i'm not even too sure what's available to you since you have dual exhaust. what you could do is just buy two mufflers (about 70 bucks each) and get a shop to make you some custom piping. it'd be cheaper than buying a regular cat-back exhaust system (especially since you're dual) and it'd be the same thing pretty much. things to think about.

auto cross is an event with a bunch of different classes. they set up cones and you run through the parkinglot road course for best time in your class. i've been to a few events, but never participated in one because i'm scared i'll look stupid :glare: if you're interested in this then you really don't need to consider much power mods since all your money will go to suspension...and the accord probably isn't the best platform for this type of racing.

this is the type of noobies we need around here!

well, you still have dual exhaust. its just not TRUE dual exhaust. you can go either way here; get the single exhaust and save weight (if thats a problem for you) or get dual exhaust and keep with the factory design. either way would be fine for your purpose...one's just more expensive than the other.

OR... you could go to a shop and have them custom make pipes for you to have a true dual exhaust. Obviously weighs more, but depending on your future plans you may be better off doing that in the long run. It would also be a cool custom mod, instead of just picking up what everyone else already has.

• 6 months later...

couple days to do a tranny swap from a auto to a manual huh?...wow thats f*cking fast...id like to see that happen...as for the 4 cyl accord guy...don't waste your time with that car unless you're gonna boost it..no you can't put a v6 in a 4 cyl one..and if someone says v4 one more time im gonna slap them

nick

Archived