Oil Consumption

Leon

My wife's Taurus is an oil using piece of Junk. As I was getting the boot from the local Ford agency, I mentioned there was an Accord in my future. He said that the oil spec of the Honda V-6 was 1qt/500 miles. This is nuts. My first Accord, an '84 used a TOTAL of 1qt in over 200,000 miles.......and was on it's 2nd cam belt when sold.

What is factory Oil consumption spec for the current V-6?

Does anyone use Synthetic Oil?

What is the best for the buck? LX w/V-6 or the EX w/4 banger?

Asking about Hondas at a Ford dealership, what do you expect? 1qt/500 miles is bullcrap. As long as you have your oil changed as prescribed by Honda, it won't burn/consume any oil out of the normal.

Agreed.......guy @Ford was just trying to stir the pot....but still....manufacturers have what they consider max/normal oil consumption for most engines. My S-2000

is supposed to be a real burner, but as long as I keep my foot out of it, I simply don't have to add between changes. I have about 9300 miles on the clock. The 3.0 DuraTech in the Ford was supposed to be the be-all / end-all of modern V-6 twin cam power plants. BS.......This thing don't leave puddles, so it must be burning it.....

It's all academic, anyway. This car is going the way of the DODO. To be replaced by either the EX/4 or maybe the LX/6 (max money issue) Any recs?........

............thanks....................

Archived