Upgrading a 99 Civic LX

Pokey10002

Hey i'm sorta new at this so we can get that out of the way.

I bought a 99 civic lx (automatic) a few months ago and now I want to give it some more power, and I was wondering if you guys had an recomendations, im' looking to save like 100 or 200 a month towards upgrades.

I have no need for tires/brakes/lights at the momment, lights=never. Mechanical know-how wont be a problem, car mechanics run in the family.

Pokey

injen intake, dc sports header, greddy exhaust...apexi if you want it to be a little louder. no matter what it will suck because its an automatic, you won't see but 10-15hp from those modifications and it will cost you over a grand to do them.

if you just want the sound...weld on a 70 dollar muffler and cut your stock plastic intake piping and clamp on a cone filter. neither of these modifications are recommended...but the are ricerific. to make an automatic non-vtec honda go fast...you'll need a engine and transmission swap.

cliff notes: don't bother.

Archived