Rims On My Teg

98Teg

so if im browsing for rims, they give dimensions and what not, how exactly would i be able to tell if the rims would fit on my 98 Teg RS? obviously i know the inches of what i want, but what is the lug info?

e.g.

two 18x7.5/+40/5x114.3 Gunmetal w/ polished lip

&

two 18x8.5/+40/5x114.3 Gunmetal w/ polished lip

i like 16" that was the size i was gonna get, cause i was most likely gonna get SSR's rims, i just wanted to know incase i found a really good deal

Buy my wheels.

Just PM me whenever you get the money and we'll work it out.

yeh, definitely, as of right now i have around 400 and then once i get more of my birthday money, ill be able to buy the rims off you and i would still be able to get the radar detector so once i have the money, ill pm you and we'll work it out

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, definitly don't go with 18"s. They will look like crap on an Integra. Stick with 16" or 17". My friend just got 16"s and they look pretty cool but with them you still have a pretty big tire wall. I think 17"s are the ideal size and they look the best on most cars. I'm ordering 17"s right now and from what I've heard and seen they look the best. But defenitly don't get 18"s unless your dead set on them. Good luck with em!

I have a 96 LS-S and i got 18" wheels on my car, rides sweet. 8) I live in Miami, and not that other cities aren't bad, but Miami to me is pothole heaven. But with my springs and these 18's, i get a larger contact patch (7.5" wide) and they tuck perfectly into the fender wells. i've only had one instance of rubbing, and that was with all my friends in the car (totallying close to 700LB) and i made a hard turn to avoid an accident, other than that they've been awesome. 8)

• 4 weeks later...
that picture just proves that 18"s are too big for an integra.

Yeah what a difference between 17's & 18's. :rolleyes:

It fits on the car but yet it's to big.

Different strokes for different folks. The rims and tires fit inside the fenderwell, that's all that matters to me.

the difference is 17" rims actually fit and don't lift the car up. sure, you can lower your integra, but it'll just go back down to stock height. try a lower profile tire.

I got some lower profile tires to go on those rims. Do you know anyone with 18's on a integra? Would I have problems with tire rub when it gets lowered? In other words how much of drop should I go with all around.

-Will

for your purposes, I'd get a nice set of coilovers or coilover sleeves and drop it to the desired height. I wouldn't go any lower than 2" and then take out the fenderwells. I'm not sure if you'll have problems turning though. I'm sorry if I sounded a little rude though.

I'm sorry if I sounded a little rude though.

Hey don't worry about it. This is the first time I've owned an integra, so I really don't know much. All I know is that I'm not into the whole racing scene so small/lightweight wheels don't appeal to me. If I had a faster model integra than I'd look into smaller lightweight performance wheels.

-I went to tirerack.com and they offer 18' wheels for my model integra. The only thing is that I have the wrong tire size. As you have already suggested to me of going with a lower profile tire. Recommended tire size is 215-35-18.

As far as a coilover system I'm saving up for the Tein basic damper system.

I have a 96 LS-S and i got 18" wheels on my car, rides sweet. 8) I live in Miami, and not that other cities aren't bad, but Miami to me is pothole heaven. But with my springs and these 18's, i get a larger contact patch (7.5" wide) and they tuck perfectly into the fender wells. i've only had one instance of rubbing, and that was with all my friends in the car (totallying close to 700LB) and i made a hard turn to avoid an accident, other than that they've been awesome. 8)

Go drive through New York City and I'll tell you if Miami has more potholes.

I would just like you to know, that out of every member on this site, I see that you run your mouth the most. I would really like to see your car, I'm sure it's a work of art. You seem to know everything, so show me what you got. I'm sure it's a totally stock Honda that your parents brought for you.

this is stupid...so many people have said this to him, do a search.

coilovers are not done more for looks...coilover sleeves are.

That post you just made is retarded. Calling a certain rim size "retarded" could only come out of ignorance. Coilovers are more of an appearance modification than a racing modification IMO.

I would just like you to know, that out of every member on this site, I see that you run your mouth the most. I would really like to see your car, I'm sure it's a work of art. You seem to know everything, so show me what you got. I'm sure it's a totally stock Honda that your parents brought for you.

In case you haven't noticed, don't respond to me unless you have something constructive to say.

-Will

Coilovers = adjustable height and dampening levels so ou can adjust your suspension for whatever track you drive on.

Anything over 16" on a Honda = retarded.

Yes, my 96 Civic DX hatchback is completely stock and my parents bough tit for me, they are also giving me money every month to fix it up with.

Suspension for appearance would be lowering springs. Lowering car to amke it look better = rice.

Suspension for appearance would be lowering springs. Lowering car to amke it look better = rice.

not to start a flame war or anything...but i disagree. again. if the lowering springs actually improve your suspension, then its not rice. i'm about to lower my eclipse to 1. improve its crapty handleing what little bit i can 2. make it look better.

coilover sleeves (with the collar thingy) that actually hurt performance (and certain springs too, but i won't name the springs because i know people with disagree with me) would be rice because there is no performance gain what so ever. all you do is lower it and kill your tires with mAd JdM kAmBeR yO!

I didn't mean springs are rice. If you get anything for looks, it's rice. If you get it for performance, then it's not. If you care about looks, then you don't need performance.

Ok first of all you have no sense of what the word "style" is. Just because someone wants to make their car look cool doesn't mean it's rice. The term rice is also reletive. It takes A LOT of time, money and effort to make a car truely fast. Based on that most people try to customize the look of their car to their personal taste. That's what the word "customize" or "style" means, making something to your liking. Like me for example, I realize that my 97 GS will not be fast and right now I don't have the money to spend on high end performance mods. Thus, I will do more visual upgrades than performance. It's when you just get random pieces and throw them all together without thinking that leads to the term "rice". If you have a well put together car which was thought out and not slapped together than it's all good. Well, whatever the RICE dis is never gonna die. Second, 16"s on an Integra look like crap, in my opnion. The tire wall is still a good 3 -3.5" tall (even with low profiles). I prefer 17"s and no higher.

I know your probably going to call me rice and that would be great because I honestly don't care, I'm making my car the way I like it. I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but good luck trying to make a DX fast. Unless your parents give you thousands of dollars a month I think your gonna have a hard time doing so. I hope you do make it fast and come prove me wrong and maybe I have some respect for you then. But as of now, shouting out RICE to people earns you none at all.

Ok first of all you have no sense of what the word "style" is. Just because someone wants to make their car look cool doesn't mean it's rice. The term rice is also reletive. It takes A LOT of time, money and effort to make a car truely fast. Based on that most people try to customize the look of their car to their personal taste. That's what the word "customize" or "style" means, making something to your liking. Like me for example, I realize that my 97 GS will not be fast and right now I don't have the money to spend on high end performance mods. Thus, I will do more visual upgrades than performance. It's when you just get random pieces and throw them all together without thinking that leads to the term "rice". If you have a well put together car which was thought out and not slapped together than it's all good. Well, whatever the RICE dis is never gonna die. Second, 16"s on an Integra look like crap, in my opnion. The tire wall is still a good 3 -3.5" tall (even with low profiles). I prefer 17"s and no higher.

I know your probably going to call me rice and that would be great because I honestly don't care, I'm making my car the way I like it. I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but good luck trying to make a DX fast. Unless your parents give you thousands of dollars a month I think your gonna have a hard time doing so. I hope you do make it fast and come prove me wrong and maybe I have some respect for you then. But as of now, shouting out RICE to people earns you none at all.

8) I like what you said their.

You are a riceboy. You could spend that visual money on performance mods to make it faster or handle better than it does now.

There is nothing hard about making a Civic fast. I don't need my parents to give me thousands a month. I already have thousands.

OK, what's all the fuss about. So SSR likes cheap, small honda's with small rims, let him be, like u said, it's his style. As for me, i'm with you pureINTEGRADY, performance parts cost more money than visual work, and unless ur taking it out to the strip every weekend, there is no point in having a 400+ hp car for any other reason than show. Yes u can whoop every1 out on the street, and at the same time u'll be picking up a ticket at the rate of one every other day. :crazy:

As far as the disagreement on coilovers v. lowering springs; lowering springs aren't RICE, they do provide better suspension than coilovers by having a stiffer compression ratio, but not giving up handling performance. Coilovers are good for keeping a set height, then lowering it for a show or something like that, thats the only thing i can reason them out to be.

On rims: I love my 18's, the ride is smooth when i'm not in downtown, and i think they look great. I just ordered a bomex body kit, so when it comes, i'll post a pic of my teg so people can see.

SlikAzFuk1

Archived