Clueless Del Sol Owner with pricing question

steezej

I own a 1994 Honda Del Sol. It has 185K miles, and I was just told that the head gasket is blown. I can still drive it on extremely short errands without over heating at all. But I am going to sell it and have no idea how to price it. I know that del sol's are popular amongst honda modders. So any opinions on what I could sell it for? Thanks in advance!

Depends on model, location and remaining condition of the car. Have you done any modifications or other recent repairs of value that you can lean on to raise the asking price?

I was thinking five big ones. That's what I am about to spend on a rust free sedan shell. The only thing that would change that is if there were additional desirable items on the car: i.e. nice wheels, new tires, completely rust free, new paint, blah blah blah

Sorry. It doesn't have any mods. It does have 15" chrome rims that are a bit pitted, some body damage but nothing major, and faded paint. It's got an alarm that we had to put in after someone stole our seats :p But thats it. Other thoughts?

Without more info $500 sounds like a good starting point. Any body damage is major when it comes to selling a car and it's value. You didn't mention where you are at or if the car has much rust and what seats did you replace with?

Excellent, and the damage area, a little more about it? How big, small, what body panel, did you cream a truck at 102mph. I ask because the rear quarters require cutting and welding to repair. Other areas are easier to fix but Del Sol collision repair parts are getting scarce.

You know, for a guy looking for help on a topic it has been amazingly difficult to get information out of you about what you have: as in, this entire conversation would have been finished 4 days ago and one response had it looked a little more like this:

94 Del Sol S, auto, 185k, i hit a mail box and bumper and right qtr are wrinkled but not bad, i blew the head gasket, car is rust free and all stock - no mods except for crappy aftermarket wheels. Interior is decent, it's probably 7/10

DONE.

Sorry for delays and the lack of information. I'm not a car guy so I don't know what information influences opinions on pricing. I didn't damage the car, but when I bought it, I was told the girl backed into another car in a parking lot. So it's nothing serious, just cosmetic, and only on the rear bumper. It does have some other dings and scrapes and the paint is faded because it use to be owned by a girl in Las Vegas. (sun damage if that wasn't clear) Rust free, all stock, crappy aftermarket wheels. Interior is decent, I would say a 6.5/10. thanks for your help

I think you could ask 1000 for it, maybe more. here in ohio probably 1500 since everything has gigantic rust holes. i would put it at 1000 and let someone haggle you down. Anything over 500 is bonus I think.

Have you checked your local craigslist page? westcoast cities have a great CL market.

Archived