air intake

CivicSam

ok, time to sound stupid... ideally I want more oxygen going into the engine to increase the size of explosions and make the engine run more efficiently, so then wouldn't stock be ideal? If I"m talking out of my butt, let me know. Oh, and after you let me know, correct my logic. Thanks.

ok, time to sound stupid... ideally I want more oxygen going into the engine to increase the size of explosions and make the engine run more efficiently, so then wouldn't stock be ideal? If I"m talking out of my butt, let me know. Oh, and after you let me know, correct my logic. Thanks.

1. You will only flow as much air as your head will allow (cams/valvetrain included in head).

2. Explosions = bad. Burning = good.

3. You don't want the gas to explode, you want it to burn.

A stock intake tubing and box is a mess of mazes and ridges. That restricts the flow and it doesn't take in cold air. An aftermarket CAI is smooth and takes in cold air. Hence flowing better and more power.

Comptech Icebox makes more power over Injen.

Archived