1996 integra opinion

TonyBoloni

I have a 1996 acura itegra 1.8 dohc nonvtec with over 200xxx miles on it but runs great i take good car of it but i need tips and opinions on what to do or how to build it. I was thinking type r b18 swap but i was told itd be cheaper to rebuild it and BUILD IT. keep in mind it is bone stock, and i dont even have a little exhaust on it....... cause its stock.... haha

well, start small with the basics. Intake, header, exhaust.

drive it for awhile, then get an intake manifold and throttle body.

Some examples:

AEM cold air intake

DC 4-2-1 Header

Borla exhaust or a Megan racing exhaust (these 2 brands don't sound ricey and have a nice tone to them)

Skunk 2 intake manifold

Skunk 2 66mm throttle body

These mods will cost you around $1,500 or so and will get you a nice jump in power.

If you do something, you might as well do it right.

These mods won't strain your motor and you should be fine driving it. Its not that hard to rebuild a motor and you would need these

mods eventually. By starting with these, it well let you enjoy your car more while you save up for engine parts.

You can look into doing a high compression build or even a turbo setup. Its all up to you.

• 1 month later...

Archived