Extra lighting

almightyaccord

Ok so here is what i want to do!! I want to go to the junk yard and get two extra 9006(low beams) and add them to my bumper lights(1992 honda accord 4dr SE) so its like having fog lights with lots of extra light. But what my question is to make this easy and clean can i just tap into the same two wires that go into my 9006 socket(that is already in the stock headlight unit). Like also will this be safe or will it work for a little while and then burn out or what. Also if i cant do that then what can i do to make this happen b/c i really want to do it. even if i have to run new wires and if i have to install new wires can i just run it like a regular setup........of having a clean ground, and a wire to the battery(with a fuse of course) and a switch to my dash. or what??. Any info or how-to pages will help alot. well that all thanx.

i doubt you can find an exact how-to on this...but you should just install them like they are regular fog lights (clean ground, fuse, and switch on the dash) in my opinion...wiring them to the regular headlights doesn't sound like a good idea.

do you just want bulbs, or do you want the whole assembly?

Archived