Engine swap

Got-sol92

I have a 1993 del sol si 1.6l vtec stock d16y8 and over 285k miles on it I want a motor swap and need one soon

Any recommendations as to what I should get

Block, head, tranny, everything I'm new at the import scene

And I need help lol

• 3 weeks later...

if its a 93 with its stock motor it does not have a d16y8, it will either have a d15b7 or a d16z6. BIG difference between all 3 motors.

SO with that said

How mechanicly inclined are you? Have you ever done a swap before? What is the most challanging mechanical thing you have done? Do you have all the tools?

How much are you willing to spend? Do you have another car to drive while working on the sol? What are your power goals?

Well I found out a few weeks ago that the previous owner had the head rebuilt and whatever I guess they didn't doo it right cuz there's oil every were in the motor. But ive done quite a few difficult things most people wouldn't otherwise know the first thing to do. I've rebut about two or three transfer cases replaced cluthes flywheels main bearings rebuilt axles swapped out trannys and drive shafts so almost anything I can do it's just the time and money to do it I have a shop I could do it in and the tools but I already have a shop that's gonna door for me because I don't have the time

of course im right... gogo is always right. There is a reason there is a "CMGOGO for president campaign going on over at DSO" Hell I dont even wanna be pres.

Archived