break pedal problems

loudeko

i have a 91 teg and the breaks wont work at all the pedal is hard like a rock and wont compress i thought it might be a frozen caliper but replaced both front still no breaks just got a master cylinder want to see if anyone knows if that might not be it before i put that in

Sorry for a late response...

It sounds like it is related to the brake booster. Could be the vacuum supply to the booster. It could also be moisture related (pull the master cylinder and see if there is moisture between the master and the booster). If there is moisture dry everything out and see if that cures it. Other then that it could be electrical or simply that the booster is bad. It might be worth trying to find a good one from a salvage yard if that is the case.

wouldnt be the booster, even if it were to fail you would still be able to compress the pedal. Odds are you have a scored MC and its been ground into place. replace it and let me know what ya get.

wouldnt be the booster, even if it were to fail you would still be able to compress the pedal. Odds are you have a scored MC and its been ground into place. replace it and let me know what ya get.

As far as this response goes, if it fails it will be "rock solid" 99.9% of the time, thus the recommendations provided above for figuring out your issue.... Post back with your findings!

Archived