Civic Muffler

Dou123

I just purchased a 97 ex that currently has stock everything on the motor and around 200000 miles on it. I am looking to find a nice sounding exhaust system from header al the way back for under 200.. anyone got any good ideas for good sounding systems.. I dont want one that sounds like a damn fart can... you experienced guys know what im talking about. also, im trying to figure out what some really good inexpensive mods would be as the motor is getting old... im trying to keep it reasonable as i am going to buy a new motor and build a b18c for it in the coming months. any help would be appreciated.... thanks guys

Intake $30-300$ depending on what brand you get or if its a short ram or cold air

(cold air intake is in your fender)

Cheapest intake would be Ebay but it doesn't fit the best and the filter isn't the best either.

Catback exhaust is about $200-$600 again depending on what brand you get and where you get it.

headers are $100-$250

For a B18c full swap your looking for about $3000 - $4000 if you did the work yourself and what shape the motor is in..

What all do you want with your car?

Do you want looks/ sound

Do you want power?

Whats your budget?

You might want to research a bit more before you jump into all of this and get ahead of yourself.

B18c is worth it if you have the money.. If not the Jdm b16a swap is one of the cheapest b series swaps and has 170 engine hp. That is if your set on a b series swap.

A lot of the people on this forum are into D series :)

i doubt youll be able to find a good exhaust system for 200 or less. most are gonna be 400-1000. you could buy a universal muffler from megan racing, obx, buddy club, apexi, greddy and have your local muffler shop make you a custom exhaust but still gonna run you a pretty penny. xeryon on here has a megan racing header and he says it sounds good and was fairly cheap. and for an intake an ebay one with a k&n filter will be sufficiant. take off the filter that comes with it and sell it to a ricer that lives in your town.

Intake $30-300$ depending on what brand you get or if its a short ram or cold air

(cold air intake is in your fender)

Cheapest intake would be Ebay but it doesn't fit the best and the filter isn't the best either.

Catback exhaust is about $200-$600 again depending on what brand you get and where you get it.

headers are $100-$250

For a B18c full swap your looking for about $3000 - $4000 if you did the work yourself and what shape the motor is in..

What all do you want with your car?

Do you want looks/ sound

Do you want power?

Whats your budget?

You might want to research a bit more before you jump into all of this and get ahead of yourself.

B18c is worth it if you have the money.. If not the Jdm b16a swap is one of the cheapest b series swaps and has 170 engine hp. That is if your set on a b series swap.

A lot of the people on this forum are into D series :)

Hey thanks for the heads up but i ahve done some research in the past and have a couple of ideas for a bukld... the one i really wanna do is gonna have to wait til this isnt my daily so right now im just looking to do minor mods that make it look and sound good

Archived