97 civic EX- Engine Swap

Eddy562

Hello, I am new to honda forums and what not. I have 97 civic EX. I have been looking around forums and not much luck on finding the info I am looking for. So here it is ( I apologize if this question has been answered already) I am thinking about doing an engine swap. I am thinking of a b16a2. I want a little more power than my d16y8, but at the same time have good mpg. Anybody know the mpg on b16a2? I am a daily driver, drive to school and work and occasionally trips. Any advice? go for a b16 or try finding another d16? I am in the Los Angeles county ( long beach) my limit would have to be 3 g. Thanks in advance.

I had a b16 in my sol... on highway if i babied it i could get 35 mpg, but i never would baby it.... if you baby an ls, i can get 38, my z6 with a d15b7 tranny has hit 49 and averaged 42 highway in the summer.

Most honda engines offer good gas mileage, so I wouldnt worry about that so long as you arent racing stop light to stop light.

Pann auto can hook you up with complete swaps. BJ is the guy I went through and he helped me out with parts and what not for several years.

A quick phone call to ask a few questions doesnt cost you a thing.

why do you want a swap in the first place? If youre worried about power steering, etc, why dont you build the motor thats in your car? ive seen fast d-series engines. a swap including labor will cost you over 5k and thats not including any problems you may run into.

my advice, get yourself a bolt on greddy turbo kit for your car, hondata engine management, and get a tune for 8 psi. you'll have a fast car thats fun to drive, you'll keep your air conditiong, power steering, and you'll still have great gas mileage.

Im driving a 98 civic hatch with at b16a2 and im getting around 30mpg right now and that with cruising at 80-85mph. If i drop it down to 65-70 it will go up. Im getting better mileage than i did with my 94 accord and its a lot more fun to drive.

Im driving a 98 civic hatch with at b16a2 and im getting around 30mpg right now and that with cruising at 80-85mph. If i drop it down to 65-70 it will go up. Im getting better mileage than i did with my 94 accord and its a lot more fun to drive.

your 94 accord was also a little heavier and had less power.

Archived