Help!! Ghost Spots on new car!

Toby010

Firstly, I apologize I do not have photos uploaded for this issue yet as they are important.

I just purchased a brand new black 2011 Honda accord from a dealer a few days ago. The night I bought the car weather conditions were foggy and misty. Before leaving, I noticed some ghost like spots on one side of the car. They almost looked like moisture that could be wiped off. There are 4 spots, each about 4 inches by 6 inches and are almost invisible. The condensation collected on the spots and allowed light to reflect off of the paint and reveal the spots. After pulling the car back into the shop area, the spots seemed to be gone again. When the light hits the paint just right, you can barely see them. They appear transparent and ghostly. At first glance they appeared to be the result of old wax left on the car. The guys who clean the cars tried to use some basic cleaner and a more heavy duty glue removing chemical with no success. The spots almost appear to be under the clear coat. I was told to take it home, wax and rebuff it and if they don’t go away to bring the car back to be fixed. Obviously this is frustrating as I didn’t see it when I purchased it. Like I said before, during day light they are practically nonexistent unless you are very close, focusing on the area, and the light is reflecting off of the paint just right.

Any ideas what these could be on a brand new car??

Thanks

Not that big of a deal. You only need to post once and you don't even need to post pictures to us. Probably just some residue marks on the metal/primer before painting made paint discolor or adhere oddly . If it were me since it is a NEW car I would insist on exchanging the car as I would not want non-factory repainted panels on something just off the lot. If you only have a handful of miles on it you have a case. Otherwise they will just repaint it at the dealership body shop which you want to avoid if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived