turbo questions

Hey guys I'm lookin to put my b series on boost, and right now I am in the research stages. I came upon a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to, so here I am.

Firstly, I had inteded to upgrade the fuel system with a walbro and aftermarket injectors, probably RC440s. But I wanted to know that when changing them out, would I nedd a fuel injector resistor box, cause I dont know if they re stay and hold or saturated or what? And I've read that you can possibly fry your ECU by not having the the correct injectors or some schnazz. I'm not at all sure about this, and I could use some insight.

Also If anyone can refer an AC and PS friendly exhaust manifold, that would be very helpful! I found this one, http://www.spoolinperformance.com/bseries-cast-turbo-manifold-p-457.html

but I couldn't find any reviews.

Thanks in advance

why not go with bosch injectors and not have to worry about if you do or dont need a resistor box..?

cast iron log manifolds are usually AC and PS compatable.. but they look like complete ass.. looks like a giant turd hanging off your block IMO

you dont need AC.. just use 2 by 60.. 2 windows down by 60mph :)

why not go with bosch injectors and not have to worry about if you do or dont need a resistor box..?

cast iron log manifolds are usually AC and PS compatable.. but they look like complete ass.. looks like a giant turd hanging off your block IMO

you dont need AC.. just use 2 by 60.. 2 windows down by 60mph :)

oh I was not aware of this. So if bosch made inejctors in 440 ccs or whatever, how much would they cost? (I can google this) And what would make bosch injectors immune to that problem? (still a nEwb) And i was actually gonna pm you brian and ask you this same question i had about the injector/ecu schnazzm, cause i read your thread, and I thought, this guy knows his crap lol

and from what ive read, i see that some tend to shy away from cast iron manifolds. is it cause they re not as durable as stainless steel/etc? and although i am an avid user of 2 by 60 lol, I live in South florida and the summers are sometimes unbearably hawt, and AC is a hot commodity, no pun intended lol

Brian... you can get bosch saturated or not... they make both *rolls eyes*

well would anyone know off the top of their head what kind I would need with a b16a2? does they type of ecu i have have anything to do with that?

and from what ive read, i see that some tend to shy away from cast iron manifolds. is it cause they re not as durable as stainless steel/etc? and although i am an avid user of 2 by 60 lol, I live in South florida and the summers are sometimes unbearably hawt, and AC is a hot commodity, no pun intended lol

i think alot of people stray from log mani's is because theyre ugly as hell, heavy, and dont make much power.. i had one and it was used on 2 different cars before mine and the reason it cracked was because the guy i bought it from never told me i needed to cut the webbing on my block and it cracked that way and still took a while for it to crack..

thansk a lot man, this is exactly what i needed. Now all i need is an ac and ps friendly turbo exhaust manifold lol

i know fullrace makes a AC compatable mani but youre going to pay out the ass for it.. i dont think its PS friendly though.. but hell who needs PS? my car never came with it, i think PS is a crutch.. IMO PS lies to you and you dont get the correct "feel/feeback" from your car like you do without it..

the fullrace AC compatable ramhorn mani is $1,299 but youll NEVER have to worry about it cracking, going bad, warping or anything.. they make GOOD SH!T! i have one on my car, not AC compatable, and i LOVE it..

i think alot of people stray from log mani's is because theyre ugly as hell, heavy, and dont make much power.. i had one and it was used on 2 different cars before mine and the reason it cracked was because the guy i bought it from never told me i needed to cut the webbing on my block and it cracked that way and still took a while for it to crack..

i know fullrace makes a AC compatable mani but youre going to pay out the ass for it.. i dont think its PS friendly though.. but hell who needs PS? my car never came with it, i think PS is a crutch.. IMO PS lies to you and you dont get the correct "feel/feeback" from your car like you do without it..

the fullrace AC compatable ramhorn mani is $1,299 but youll NEVER have to worry about it cracking, going bad, warping or anything.. they make GOOD SH!T! i have one on my car, not AC compatable, and i LOVE it..

wow that IS expensive lol but i wont not consider it. thanks

Archived