H22

cb7accord92

hey! guys im my new to this sight i do apologize in advance but i need someones help anyone. i have a 92 honda accord 5 speed with a f22 sohc. got a a full exhaust system and a aem intake but im looking to upgrade i want to put a H22 head vtec on this car what do i need to do this swap. do i need a new ecu with vtec wire harness or can i use the same parts i have im worried about the distributor also because righ now i have an external coil w wire going from the distr to the coil and im sure the vtec head distr has an internal coil built inside correct so how do i bypass this situation. also if i change the head ihow do i set the ecu to recognize that this car has vtec now with the ecu i have now.

if you want to reuse your ECU youre going to need to have it remapped for the engine youre getting.. and yes youll need the H22 harness, i mean you can use yours most likely but im unsure and if you can itll just be a headache IMO.. if you can i would get the H22 harness and ecu with the swap.. just saves you alot of work and a headache.. is the h22 obd1 or obd2? if its obd2a/b youre going to need to buy a obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.. a few people on here know where to get them from..

ive never done a swap in an accord but everything i needed for my swap was as follows::

engine with harness and ECU

shift linkage

axles

mounts

t bracket

like i said ive never done a swap in an accord so im not sure if youll need all of the same things for the swap.. try looking around in google, there should be some writeups lurking around somewhere..

hope i helped you out a little

if you want to reuse your ECU youre going to need to have it remapped for the engine youre getting.. and yes youll need the H22 harness, i mean you can use yours most likely but im unsure and if you can itll just be a headache IMO.. if you can i would get the H22 harness and ecu with the swap.. just saves you alot of work and a headache.. is the h22 obd1 or obd2? if its obd2a/b youre going to need to buy a obd1 to obd2 conversion harness.. a few people on here know where to get them from..

ive never done a swap in an accord but everything i needed for my swap was as follows::

engine with harness and ECU

shift linkage

axles

mounts

t bracket

like i said ive never done a swap in an accord so im not sure if youll need all of the same things for the swap.. try looking around in google, there should be some writeups lurking around somewhere..

hope i helped you out a little

oh what! really im just changing the cylinderhead i have a f22 head on it right now i just want to swap the f22 head with

oh what! really im just changing the cylinderhead i have a f22 head on it right now i just want to swap the f22 head with a h22 head im not doing a whole motor swap i just want to go with a dual overhead vtec head i still need all thos things? you mentioned. thanks brian definitely helped got some options now thanks again im a keep looking around.

Brian thought you were doing a whole swap. You need the head, ecu or chip yours, run some wires or swap harness. Done and done.

thanks raley sounds good to me but from what year H22 can i put in this car a 92-96 h22 vtec or a 97-01 vtec h22 they have different ones h22a1 etc and i have a 92 accord so which one will fit. and what wire harness do i need the complete engine harness with the ecu wires as well or just the wires for the injectors and sensors what not dont i have to change my oil pump also put a vtec pump?

Archived