'98 Eclipse vs '93-'96 Prelude V-tec?

LuvMeMuch

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T 6.4 15.0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.4 14.9

1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 6.7 15.1

Thats what I could find. I do believe driving skill is a very large factor. The guy I bought my car from had never ever had a eclipse turbo beat him, mainly cause he can shift like no other.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i had an Honda Prelude 1992 S with H22A1 engine swap with no other mods, just 17" rins, intake and exhaust, i made some races with eclipse gst in 1/4 mile and they always lose.

Also i think the driver skill its very important. :)

Now i have a lude with t3/t4 turbonetics drag kit with other stuffs and i enjoy a lot running with eclipses. That´s can give you an idea why ill always put my money on ludes :)

Also, i know there always will be someone with different opinions and statistics but, what can i tell you, thats my choice :D

the question at hand was vtec prelude vs. eclipse gst STOCK for STOCK. not swaped, not turbo'd...stock. the gst will win. put your money on a prelude if you want, but i guarantee you will lose it if they drivers are at the same skill level.

anyways, this thread is over...not really a need to post in it anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the diference in the gst and gsx was the gsx had a 20% power loss due to the awd and they suck for hwy racing. the obd1 h22 is alot faster than i expected when i first rode in one if i was still close to stock my friends h22 would be a damn good race from a roll

• 1 month later...

because of the torque the eclipse has, i think it'll be good off the line but the lude will be better farther in the race because of the higher RPM's, every eclipse i've been in is a pos tho, so this is all opinion. in the end it'll all come down to driver vs. driver, or if any mods are done to either vehicle that will decide it too. i'd be on the sideline cheering for the lude tho. :)

Archived