AWD 2001 Honda Accord Coupe

Hey, I'm new to these forums and really new to the world of Honda. My wife has been in love with Hondas for who knows how long and we've been searching for 4th Gen Honda Accord Coupe, mainly because she really likes the taillights on that model. Anyways, my buddy found this so-called AWD 2001 Accord in the city next to mine and we're considering on buying it. The only problem I have is that I've never heard of an AWD Honda before, let alone an Accord. So, I've come here to ask the Honda owners if you all have heard of anything like this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FordGuy

Thanks for the info, guys. But, just incase this thing is real when I go down to see it this week, how did this guy make an AWD Accord?

If he did it, a sh*t ton of fabrication and modding. For the price and risk, it is not worth it.

• 2 months later...

If he did it, a sh*t ton of fabrication and modding. For the price and risk, it is not worth it.

I would like to argue that no American honda accords came AWD. However a JDM Honda Accord SIR wagon did exist. the AWD was ONLY available in the wagon platform. The drivetrain was borrowed from the Honda Odyssey minivan which was also available in AWD, but only in japan. A lot Hondas made in japan were offered with either honda Real Time 4WD or AWD. The Fit, Civic from 88-2005, Odyssey, Accord SI-R Wagon, Honda Integra, Honda Orthia ( 6th gen civic wagon), 4 door civic EP3 (2002-05 hatch only on the 4 door models which were never sold in the US) obviously the CRV, Several smaller hondas such as the Honda Life Dunk and the Honda Capa that competed with the Toyota BB aka in the us the Scion XB. Those both were available in AWD. As was the Toyota bB , although obviously not a honda. The large proportion of mid-sized to small cars were offered with some type of 4WD/AWD system due to the harsh Northern Japanese winters similar found in northern US and Canada.

I would like to argue that no American honda accords came AWD. However a JDM Honda Accord SIR wagon did exist. the AWD was ONLY available in the wagon platform. The drivetrain was borrowed from the Honda Odyssey minivan which was also available in AWD, but only in japan. A lot Hondas made in japan were offered with either honda Real Time 4WD or AWD. The Fit, Civic from 88-2005, Odyssey, Accord SI-R Wagon, Honda Integra, Honda Orthia ( 6th gen civic wagon), 4 door civic EP3 (2002-05 hatch only on the 4 door models which were never sold in the US) obviously the CRV, Several smaller hondas such as the Honda Life Dunk and the Honda Capa that competed with the Toyota BB aka in the us the Scion XB. Those both were available in AWD. As was the Toyota bB , although obviously not a honda. The large proportion of mid-sized to small cars were offered with some type of 4WD/AWD system due to the harsh Northern Japanese winters similar found in northern US and Canada.

I stand corrected the 4wd was available on the sadan in japan http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/accord/6651950/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived