questions on my build

pumpkin civic

alright i got a ej1 with a gsr swap and i've got skunk2 intake manifold, full exhaust, blox throttle body, weapon r intake, and cam gears for bolt ons, but now i want to swap out all the internals top and bottom end. i know i want arp head studs and a head gasket the that can handle the power. i want a compression monster. and strong internals. im pretty deticated to buying skunk2 stage 2 cam shafts, valves, retainers. but im not sure what type of crank rods and pistons for my setup. im gonna acid wash and port and polish the head and swap out the head internals. this is also my daily driver. but i want it for street and track. and after all that a tune is a must. if you have any questions just ask. thanks

well i would personaly stick with your stock crank, however you are going to want to socket the ecu and get it tuned (detonation on a high comp NA can be esp nasty).

Im a dseries guy, so if i wanted to go high comp personalyl I would deck and mill the hell out of my block and head, flycut some pistons for valve relief, and run a single layer steel HG. B series however... you gotta look into that yourself.

i was plannin on decking and miling and i was looking at buddy club race spec 2.0 mm hg and i also plan on replacing the stock fuel pump and fuel rail/ injectors. but im just not sure what bottom end internals i need/ want for a strong daily/track use car. but im tryin to do it cheap but quality parts.

honed block

84.5 mm pistons (mahle, CP, etc..)

decked & milled block

balanced crankshaft

hondata s200 or better

hondata heatshield gasket

The engine will need to be better cooled, since it will produce much more energy per stroke. I would recommend a larger radiator and 2 slim fans.

Lubrication is also important, so I would add the moroso oil baffle.

get a big header and 2.5'' exhaust as to not suffocate the engine.

honed block

84.5 mm pistons (mahle, CP, etc..)

decked & milled block

balanced crankshaft

hondata s200 or better

hondata heatshield gasket

The engine will need to be better cooled, since it will produce much more energy per stroke. I would recommend a larger radiator and 2 slim fans.

Lubrication is also important, so I would add the moroso oil baffle.

get a big header and 2.5'' exhaust as to not suffocate the engine.

first off thanks and btw i have a ebay header and a 60mm skunk2 catback exhaust with a cat delete. and ill have to look into the prices. but i decided i rebuild my tranny and put in a itr final gear and which i think i can do for around $400 so im gonna try that route and buy a stage 2 clutch and 8 lb flywheel. then im gonna look into building the block but thanks for all your help guys.

Archived