Civic Head Lights Pulsing

kevincivicex

Hi all New here I am kevin

I have a problem! I have a 2004 Hond civic ex with 125,000 miles on it. No mods all stock only addition is an aftermarket radio.

All parts are original besides basic maintence.

My problem is that when I drive my headlights pulse I can see them pulse when i am driving (dim bright dim bright). I have had two different mechanics look at the vehicle. They both said they checked the wiring and the alternator, the battery, and both of them could not find a problem with the car other than the headlights pulsing. Both of them have said that the alternator is good the wiring is good and the battery is good! One of them was at a dealer and the other is a private mechanic that is usually really good at finding probelms. The pulsing is rather annoying other than that i guess it really is not an issue. But really iam affraid of the lights going out on me when i am driving I drive alot at night so I sort of need my head lights. The funny thing is though when I turn on my bright lights the pulsing stops! Does anyone know if there is some other voltage regulator that might not have been checked. Really nothing else in the car seemes to be effected other than the lights. The radio and defrost work fine. However, the inside dome lights do the same pulsing that the head lights do So that is why i am thinking of some sort of regulator or something like that is the cause and since it effects the lights it must be only tied to the power supply for the lights.

If anyone has any ideas of what this could be please respond!

thanks

kevin

bad ground. Do the "big 3" and it will fix your problem. Also another thing that will help is instead of using the stock ground wire for the stereo is to also run a ground wire directly to the chassis from the radio. Also odds are your using an aftermarket amp and sub, also find a better ground for the amp.

Big 3 tut

Ok sorry not running an amp or any sub or anything like that the factory radio died and that was the cheapest replacement i could find so any other sugestions you might have

thanks

kevin

bad ground. Do the "big 3" and it will fix your problem. Also another thing that will help is instead of using the stock ground wire for the stereo is to also run a ground wire directly to the chassis from the radio. Also odds are your using an aftermarket amp and sub, also find a better ground for the amp.

Big 3 tut

i dont see how lebron, d wade, and bosh will help this situation.

unless youre talking about the earlier big three with garnett, pierce, and allen. they might be able to help...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all New here I am kevin

I have a problem! I have a 2004 Hond civic ex with 125,000 miles on it. No mods all stock only addition is an aftermarket radio.

All parts are original besides basic maintence.

My problem is that when I drive my headlights pulse I can see them pulse when i am driving (dim bright dim bright). I have had two different mechanics look at the vehicle. They both said they checked the wiring and the alternator, the battery, and both of them could not find a problem with the car other than the headlights pulsing. Both of them have said that the alternator is good the wiring is good and the battery is good! One of them was at a dealer and the other is a private mechanic that is usually really good at finding probelms. The pulsing is rather annoying other than that i guess it really is not an issue. But really iam affraid of the lights going out on me when i am driving I drive alot at night so I sort of need my head lights. The funny thing is though when I turn on my bright lights the pulsing stops! Does anyone know if there is some other voltage regulator that might not have been checked. Really nothing else in the car seemes to be effected other than the lights. The radio and defrost work fine. However, the inside dome lights do the same pulsing that the head lights do So that is why i am thinking of some sort of regulator or something like that is the cause and since it effects the lights it must be only tied to the power supply for the lights.

If anyone has any ideas of what this could be please respond!

thanks

kevin

Have you checked your headlight fuse? The dome light is most likely on the same circuit. I'd replace it just to be sure, if it still is doing the same thing after fuse replacement, I woild go over all grounds and remove any surface rust from them, surface rust is typical at all grounds. then spray (cautiously) the grounded areas with white lightening, a protective coating, you can buy a can of that at home depot. Let me know what happens after fuse check/replace.

Archived