Vibration problem - 88 CRX HF

trojwl

All of a sudden I am getting engine vibration in passenger cab. I feel it in the pedals, steering, etc. It seems to be same frequency as engine RPM.

I'm thinking motor mount.

Car runs great so engine missing is unlikely.

Anyone agree and also does one particular mount fail more often than the others?

All of a sudden I am getting engine vibration in passenger cab. I feel it in the pedals, steering, etc. It seems to be same frequency as engine RPM.

I'm thinking motor mount.

Car runs great so engine missing is unlikely.

Anyone agree and also does one particular mount fail more often than the others?

That would be my best guess is the motor mounts

try tightning your mounts and seein if they wiggle or have any play. if so id say replace them. also check your alignment. does it shake at a certain speed or all the time?

try tightning your mounts and seein if they wiggle or have any play. if so id say replace them. also check your alignment. does it shake at a certain speed or all the time?

And if it is not your mounts make sure your tires are bowlenced right and then if they are not the cause I will give it 99% it's your tie rods

Thanks to all.

Tires balanced and alignment checked by reputable shop within past week.

I'll put car on my lift and hopefully find loose bolts on one of the mounts.

no prob just make sure you check the condition of the tie rod ends when it is up there......when they start to go it can and will cause a vibration......but it'sfunny as hell because there was somebody at my old school who had the same problem as you....sadly he never found out what the frack happend

Archived