#%$@%# Tire Clearance Problem

OSOLMIO

I ordered springs and lowered the car almost 4". I took all the measurements over and over and over and used Discount Tires Direct calculator per recommendations here. I did all this with the 14" factory wheels and tires. I ordered 16 X 7 wheels with +42 offset and 205/50/16's. The change in diameter should have only been 1.33", which I thought I could live with. I put the tire and wheel set on and the fender lip sat on the tires! So picking the lesser of the dollar factors I put the stock springs back on so the car could be driveable instead of spending the money ordering 40 series tires. My ears could not take the bitching out I know I would hear from the wife. Now it looks like some kind of jacked up redneck 4X4 wanna be with 3"-2 3/4" between the top of the tire and the fender lip. It f--ing looks gross.

Eibach claims their "lowering" springs lower the car 1.2" for their Pro-Line, every other manufacturer claims 1-3/4" to 3" drop. What is a decent non-interferring space I should have between the top of the tire and wheel well/fender lip? I have seen some real close tolerances in photos here and I wonder if anyone experiences rubbing? I don't need that since the car was just painted. I hate not being able to try the aftermarket parts on first but I do not want to pay local prices for tires, wheels and springs so I am doing all purchases via the internet which is usually "All Sales Final" especially after installation. Any recommendations for clearance tolerances?

pics? try ksport springs. mpearce says they lower about 2 inches and are nice. tein s-tech springs lower i think 1.5 inches and are designed to use oem shocks.

Thanks. I was wondering also if any one else has close clearance with or without problems? My Focus has about 1.25 inches of clearance with no problems but it is not a Del Sol.

dude... dont rock 16" wheels with a huge drop.. too big for that much of a dump.. 15's or less for that much of a dump.. sad to say but you wasted your money on those wheels and tires if you want you car that low

i daily drive mine :)

but my header is flatspotted in parts LOL

you better be prepared to change axles often.. ive been through 8 about to put in #9.. but great thing is, i get the ones from autozone which have lifetime warranties so theyre free LOL

heres my car lowered about as much as you lowered you sol and i use 15's with 195/50/r15 tires

60074_1530666630193_1340552494_31769133_6549091_n.jpg

my front tires are tucked in the fender with no rubbing issues :)

Yeh, that is exactly the look I wanted. I tried to emulate your ride until I saw the price of those wheels on eBay and some fools were asking over $800 for four not polished and curb rashed all to hell. Unfortunately the wheels I wanted did not come in 15's any more ha,ha, ha, yeh, close outs!! I also wanted to do 225's to waste even more money so I thought the 205's would provide some kind of fender filling look. Now it looks like s--t! All I need to do now is put a confederate flag on the car and it will fit right with the ricer look somewhere in Alabama. Do you think a gun rack will fit in the back window?! The only positive I can say is that upholsterer did an awesome job and the painter too but I will not take the car out of the garage with the monster truck look!

Blades can be had for less than $300 almost any day of the week...with tires.

Polished or not I did not find any that cheap or less than the $800.00 for a set of what should have been recycled garbage.

try using craigslist.. i just found a set of blades painted white with tires for 380

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1965813140.html

another set of regular blades for 350 with tires

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1958994003.html

this guy will trade straight up for wheels or 350 + steelies for blades

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1957152364.html

there are plenty for ALOT cheaper than 1400.. search craigslist.. people want way to much for blades on egay

DUHH, its socal.. white people are the minority here.. seriously we are lol

Hey dude, I am a minority and I don't even like SoCal...too many la Raza's. I came to the U.S. to eat open faced roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and all I see in CA is taqueria's. Yeh, I'll buy if I am constipated, cheaper than OTC laxatives. I hope white people don't become the minority here, I actually like them. I saved up all my money to come to the states just to see white people and I decided to stay. No way this Pacific Islander... "hapa haole" is going back. I just miss good surfing but that's all I miss.

try using craigslist.. i just found a set of blades painted white with tires for 380

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1965813140.html

another set of regular blades for 350 with tires

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1958994003.html

this guy will trade straight up for wheels or 350 + steelies for blades

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1957152364.html

there are plenty for ALOT cheaper than 1400.. search craigslist.. people want way to much for blades on egay

HEY, I am not buying from people who can't spell..only three lug nuts? I like those $1 ads. I guess they don't know about truth in advertising. And who wants to go to Riverside to buy wheels? I'll drive to Ontario but Riverside, why I saw on COPS todo estan crimen en Riverside, ladrones, marimachos, putas, cholas que mama la penga por solamente quince centimos, ay chihuahua maricones tambien! No me voy a ese ciudad.

yea.. whatever you just said... wacko.gif

id still buy them.. who cares about the seller, wheels are wheels.. you can either pay 1k+ from some different guy with the exact same wheels or 300 from somebody that you profiled... its the same wheel.. just saying

yea.. whatever you just said... wacko.gif

id still buy them.. who cares about the seller, wheels are wheels.. you can either pay 1k+ from some different guy with the exact same wheels or 300 from somebody that you profiled... its the same wheel.. just saying

Yeh but it is a long drive for me to Riverside to check them out. I sarcastically profiled them but you know when you are half minority or mixed race you can do that. One of the privileges of being mixed race and that is about the only privelege we get. I'll see if I can get them locally. I prefer the polished or chromed ones but they are expensive but most of the blades I have seen here are curb rashed that even the allow wheel restorers won't touch them so I will keep looking. By then my wife will have calmed down about my math and engineering skills that cost us more money.

Archived