Honda Accord Coupe Xenon Headlights

Sutton02

What do I need in order to put Xenon Headlights on my 2010 Honda Accord Coupe V6?

Im looking for a clear answer because I tried looking online and there is no real clear answers. I want get 6000k intensity xenon headlights, what would I need in order for it to work properly on my car? I have seen online that some cars need a converter or something and I have also seen there are bulbs that are just blue. Thanks

It makes perfect sense. Get HID bulbs and ballasts...and wire it up if you want crappy looking HID lights. If you want it to look x45280 better then you need to do a retrofit. If that doesn't make sense then perhaps researching before posting is a good idea. The only way you can get away with not doing a retrofit and still having nice looking light is if your car comes factory with projector lights.

It makes perfect sense. Get HID bulbs and ballasts...and wire it up if you want crappy looking HID lights. If you want it to look x45280 better then you need to do a retrofit. If that doesn't make sense then perhaps researching before posting is a good idea. The only way you can get away with not doing a retrofit and still having nice looking light is if your car comes factory with projector lights.

My car comes with Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights. So would I just need to buy Xenon bulbs and install them or would I need to buy something like this ?Thanks

My car comes with Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights. So would I just need to buy Xenon bulbs and install them or would I need to buy something like this ?Thanks

Are your headlights aftermarket? Just because it's a projector doesn't mean it's going to turn out good. It could still turn out like sh*t. The best way is to use projectors from an HID equipped car, such as a S2K, TSX, or TL.

If it is a stock projector, then there's a chance that the light output is not too bad. I know that stock Acura Integra projectors work very well with HID's...their only downfall is that they don't shoot as wide a pattern as true HID projectors....light output is very nice. My point is that if it is a oem projector...even without factory HID's then you will probably get a nice beam/light pattern. If you post a picture of your headlights that would help...if you post a picture of your headlights shining on a flat building at night so we can see the beam from your factory lights then even better.

If it is a stock projector, then there's a chance that the light output is not too bad. I know that stock Acura Integra projectors work very well with HID's...their only downfall is that they don't shoot as wide a pattern as true HID projectors....light output is very nice. My point is that if it is a oem projector...even without factory HID's then you will probably get a nice beam/light pattern. If you post a picture of your headlights that would help...if you post a picture of your headlights shining on a flat building at night so we can see the beam from your factory lights then even better.

Here's a pic of the headlight... ill get a pic against a wall when it gets dark.

photo.jpg

Nothing, I want to get xenon bulbs for it, all im wondering if is how I would do that. Would I need to buy a converter kit or can I just buy xenon bulbs?

You can just buy the conversion kit (HID bulbs + Ballasts), but make sure you have the right bulb size. Just wire it up and strap the ballasts somewhere. What these guys are saying if you don't have built in projectors (cars that come stock with HIDs usually have the better ones) the beams wont look as good. But all in all if you just want brighter lights then just get the conversion kit, just adjust the lights after so you wont blind people if you dont have projectors.

Yeah, those factory projectors will probably put out a pretty nice pattern with HID's....impossible to tell without seeing the lightbeam against a blank wall, but you are probably okay to just get ballasts and bulbs and wire them up. If it was me, that's what I would do and if the light pattern ends up being bad for some reason....then I would look at retrofitting some TSX or S2000 projectors into your housings.

Yeah, those factory projectors will probably put out a pretty nice pattern with HID's....impossible to tell without seeing the lightbeam against a blank wall, but you are probably okay to just get ballasts and bulbs and wire them up. If it was me, that's what I would do and if the light pattern ends up being bad for some reason....then I would look at retrofitting some TSX or S2000 projectors into your housings.

K, thanks.

Archived