Turn off maintain require light on Accord 2000

delta168

My Accord 2000 just reached 75000mi and the stupid maintain light is on. The dealer want $347 to maintain and TURN IT OFF.

Is there anyway to turn it off.

I had Accord 1993 and it is very easy. Just insert the key into a keyhole on the dashboard but this 2000. I can't find anything.

I am appreciated your help!

John

My Accord 2000 just reached 75000mi and the stupid maintain light is on. The dealer want $347 to maintain and TURN IT OFF.

I had Accord 1993 and it is very easy. Just insert the key into a keyhole on the dashboard but this 2000. I can't find anything.

John

If its just a light, unplug the wire to it or ignore it. If your car has something wrong with it, fix it.

John

Push and hold the odometer reset button in the gauge cluster before you turn on the car, keep holding it in for maybe 10 or 15 seconds. Then start the car! This would reset the maintenance light!

As far as taking it to a Honda dealership I would say don't do it. They would do nothing but top your fluids, change your oil, and reset the Maintenace light for $350. You can do the work yourself easily.

Archived