2000 civic ex

fishindude911

my ignition coil had just went out and i replaced it yesterday and before the problem the car ran fine with no problem and now since i replaced it when i take off i let out on clutch and start to give it gas then it starts jumping and shaking real bad and the only way to make it quit is to push the clutch in for a sec then itll go away. you can not accelerate through the problem as it gets worse. it only does it through 1st and 2nd gear

my ignition coil had just went out and i replaced it yesterday and before the problem the car ran fine with no problem and now since i replaced it when i take off i let out on clutch and start to give it gas then it starts jumping and shaking real bad and the only way to make it quit is to push the clutch in for a sec then itll go away. you can not accelerate through the problem as it gets worse. it only does it through 1st and 2nd gear

its not my driving lol, i had another person drive it and it did the same, it does it when you get up to bout 25-3k rpms in 1st and 2nd only, right before i shift, so i just shift before it does it that way it dont do it

alright i drove the car to work last night and it did the same jumping and stalling. once the car sits for several hours its very hard to start ya gotta pump the gas even though shouldnt have to and after bout couple mins or so itll start but itll run real sluggish. i got home and put the scanner on it and it threw up a bunch of codes. cyl 1,2,3,4 misfiring. catalyst system low bank 1 or something like that. like i said i just replaced the coil cause the other one was bad, is there a possibility i couldve gotten a bad one or whats yalls opinion, once the car starts and warms it runs fine other than the vibrant shaking.

start with using the right ecu before anything else. Until that issue is addressed there is no point in looking at anything. did i, or did i not note that the car would go into limp mode without the right ecu? You even argued with me over it. when using the wrong computer there is no end to what can go wrong just from that one item itself. there is a distinct possibility that everything will go back to 100% fine once it is installed if you do not blow the motor first.

Archived