Official Header Threader

OK, im in the market for a header. Ive brainwashed myself with research and i just want solid info/experience on what youve got/had.

Ive decided i want a Hytech rep, for the price you really cant beat it. Im not too thrilled however with the ground clearance. Thats what everyone complains about. Now i havent seen one installed on a dc2 yet but it still worries me. The price and performance numbers are really good. However with the ground clearance issues, and the fact i have to give up my cat (they just brought emissions testing into town) i think im going to steer away from it.

As big of a company as Dc Sports is, i hear decent things and terrible things about them, nothing amazing though. Id really like a 2 piece header for easy installation (yeah,yeah) and it seems dc sport is the only one that makes a decent one.

I actually heard OBX has really stepped up there game as far as quality goes however havent heard much on the numbers.

Post suggestions, pictures, performance numbers or anything you feel is applicable. Id like to see some installed header pics too

thanks and thanks!

I have a stainless megan racing header from ebay. butt dyno says car is faster and it certainly sounds throatier, the supplied gaskets kind of sucked and the overall alignment with the stock exhaust routing was off. I had to have the exhaust shop make me a new mid-pipe as everything couldn't line up right to keep it from leaking a bit. Don't know if that is normal for aftermarket header assemblies or just my setup. it was cheap, maybe $150, the welds looked good, looking down into the piping everything looked cleanly attached. as for clearance, it does sit low, but is still higher then my subframe brace and my catalytic converter.

DSCN0782.jpg

steer clear of all obx products if possible. their welds have a tendency to break after a year. go to this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-LX-DX-EX-SOHC-RACING-EXHAUST-HEADER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ280521889117QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yes i know its for a 92-95 civic, but search his listings for a header for your car. they are very nice. several people around town have them and they are very high quality. the gaskets also line up just fine on all of their hatches and one integra

steer clear of all obx products if possible. their welds have a tendency to break after a year. go to this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-LX-DX-EX-SOHC-RACING-EXHAUST-HEADER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ280521889117QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yes i know its for a 92-95 civic, but search his listings for a header for your car. they are very nice. several people around town have them and they are very high quality. the gaskets also line up just fine on all of their hatches and one integra

Hmmm, interesting. Now im not that kind of guy who bashes on anything cheap on ebay. Metals metal, welds are welds, I just think some people combine the two better than others!

How is the ground clearance, and of course performance?? (doesnt look like theres a warranty either?)

edit: eh, doesnt look like he has any posted for the integra anyway...

Archived