Aftermarket Parts for an OLD 3.2 TL??

Hi, i'm new to this board and I have a question related to my car. I've searched the internet, well. yahoo and google'd around the internet looking for aftermarket parts for my 1996 3.2 TL. I would just like a site that would list with pictures (perferbly) the aftermarket interior and exterior modifications for my year. I've found sites that only has 99-02 parts for the TL but nothing for a 96.

I've read on some site that theres nothing (no aftermarket parts) for a 96 TL. IS that true?

Thanks TLontheDL for the PM, I'm looking for any aftermarket parts for the '96 3.2TL. Under the hood, in-car, bodykits, grills, suspension, exhaust, etc... anything and everything for a '96.

And if you don't mind, can you please post pictures of anything for the 1st gen TL's.

I've tried searching on ebay for any parts and all I can find are OEM taillights... not exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, if it isn't a problem, can you list aftermarket parts that are compatible with a '96 3.2 TL? Like you mentioned in the PM that a LEGEND's aftermarket in-take will fit into the '96. Well, I would like a part number or the speifics on the intake. Are there also different bumpers for a 96 TL. The original bumper has so many scratches and i would really want to get a different bumper (front and rear). Are there bumpers where I would have to modifiy in order to fit it, ie: shaving, molding, cutting?

I know this is alittle much from a "newb" like me, but I need to learn. Are there any other sites besides the ones you mentioned in the PM and you can remember off the top of your head?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to show me around.

okay as for mods for the 3.2TL:

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS:

air intake and air filter- i have read that a 91-95 legends intake will fit your 3.2TL. email the folks at rswerks.com about that. i know some people who have purchased a intake from them...i think the brand was weaponR or reactive..i forgot.

ignition wires- i THINK ngk makes spark plug wires, im not sure but i do know for a fact that here are ignition wires made for your car.

fuel regulator - i think "aem" makes one for your car

BODY KITS:

www.andysautosport.com

www.value-caraudio.com

(i'd load all the pics of the 1st gen bodykits on here but ill spare the dial up'ers :D so here is my page on cardomain. they are all on the 3rd page.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...tree=Acura%20TL

GRILLS:

www.value-caraudio.com

SUSPENSION:

eibach prokit(200), eibach sportline(200), ground control coilovers(300-400), skunk2 coilovers(300-400), B&G coilovers (800+) those can be found at acura-tl.com

EXHAUST:

you can either go universal muffler or get a full catback exhaust system. the only system out there for the 1st generation TL is "fujitsubo" exhaust which is somewhere around 550 bucks. it can only be bought in japan and shipping that bad boy here to the states is REALLY expensive. a ball park figure would be 650 bucks shipped to your door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

parts that are compatable to the 96 3.2TL would probably be the last generation legends and the 96-97 V6 accords. what you can do is find pictures of the engine on both of those cars and compare it with your 3.2TL engine. ive seen the legends engine and it looks the same as your cars engine.

getting a whole new front bumper for your car is expensive unless you can find a good one at a local junkyard. dont expect to buy a aftermarket bumper for your car while saving money! keep in mind that aftermarket bumpers for your car is extremely expensive. the cheapest ive seen is 550 bucks without shipping. there are lips (also in japan) thats a bit cheaper and that just bolts right on.

basically, all the sites you need to look at for parts are

1. www.andysautosport.com

2. www.value-caraudio.com <--- sells hard to find parts for your car from japan. this is where i get all my TL aftermarket parts.

3. www.acura-tl.com

Hello again, I'm an idiot when it comes to car stuff as you already know but I have more questions.

How do I determine the offset if I want to buy new rims for my '96 3.2 TL? I already know it's a 5 lug pattern, i just need to know the offset... How do I go about measuring the offset? Or, you can just give me the answer.. Or you can give me the answer and tell me how I'm suppose to measure.

Oh, one more thing, are there any ECU or any performance chips for 1ST Gen TL's?

Thank You

How do I determine the offset if I want to buy new rims for my '96 3.2 TL? I already know it's a 5 lug pattern, i just need to know the offset... How do I go about measuring the offset?

you can check the offset by measuring the wheel bearing adjustment, all you do is, have an dial indicator ready,set the dial at facing @ the hub when the rotor and parts are off, and moving the hub back and fourth, you should get the measurement from reading the dial from what it indicated

group1.jpg

you probaly dont have the tools to do this and may not be most experienced to learn this, but id say, you can get your offset reading from your manufacture specifications. if not.. maybe someother may help you.

ken: you use that method to measure the stock wheels? i think he means what offset to get when purchasing aftermarket wheels.

shoplifter: the offset you should get for your 3.2 is 42+ offset. 2.5's can go lower but your 3.2 should be 42+ without rubbing. did you drop your car?

ken: you use that method to measure the stock wheels? i think he means what offset to get when purchasing aftermarket wheels.

in school i learn that way :laugh: thats also how they did it back in the days

i haven't dropped the car YET, i'm planning on lowering it 1.2" with 18's... what width of tires should i get.. when i purchase rims, does it already tell me the diamensions or do i have to figure that out on my own? i need to know the speific xxx/xx numbers.

THANK YOU

i forgot about your chip and ecu question. i think i saw a ecu for the 1st gen. i forgot.. you might want to go to a search engine and check it out.

as for your tires, i'll ask my friend who has a 1st gen 3.2. the tires do matter when it comes to avoiding rubbing! as for the width of your rims, 7.5 is what you want to get..18x7.5. 8" will definately rub when you drop your car.

Archived