VX mini me swap

EDDIE Z

Hey guys I was looking into doing a mini me swap and I have bin doing some research I found a great right up on how to do a mini me swap step by step great info and help. But the bad thing is that in the right up it says I can't do it with a VX model becouse of the low compression due to the fact that the pistons have to large of a dish. So my question is can a mini me swap be done to a VX civic or is all hope lost? bin searching for a mini me swap done to a VX model civic but no luck all mini me swaps that I have done have bin done to a d15b7. Thnx for your help and info :thumbsup:

i don't know the specifics, but a vx model civic was a unique setup to the vx only. as far as I think I know it has special pistons and the head has been reworked completely. i don't think anything except accessory parts are compatible with your engine.

i don't know the specifics, but a vx model civic was a unique setup to the vx only. as far as I think I know it has special pistons and the head has been reworked completely. i don't think anything except accessory parts are compatible with your engine.

Yeah thats what I have come to figure out VX is like another bread of engines lol I cant just simply do a mini me swap trying to still find info but no luck yet wish I had an LX or DX model lol. thnx for your help though.

No I can't the pistons are to big on the VX model don't know why Honda decided to make them bigger on this model it would be cheaper to do a full swap.

why wish for something other then what you have? the vx was the lightest variant of all the eg civics.

you have the best of two possibilities:

1. with modifications you can easily hit mid 50's if not 60+mpg with a few hypermiling techniques,

2. you have the absolute lightest model to put a swap into, thus giving you the best base hp to weight ratio with your swap.

Work with what you got, don't be a Dwayne.

Can't argue with that lol. I'll see how fuel afficiant I can make it. I'll see how far I will get with this D15z1 and after it can't take no more B18c1 time haha.

why wish for something other then what you have? the vx was the lightest variant of all the eg civics.

you have the best of two possibilities:

1. with modifications you can easily hit mid 50's if not 60+mpg with a few hypermiling techniques,

2. you have the absolute lightest model to put a swap into, thus giving you the best base hp to weight ratio with your swap.

Work with what you got, don't be a Dwayne.

+2 on that.

Archived