1990 sedan, help me plz =]

hello, i just got a 1990 civic sedan, it has the d15b2 dpfi, the bottom end of the motor is DONE, its knockin like a bitch, i was just think of tryin to find a bottom end,and riding it, does it have to be a d15b2 bottom end:? or is there any other bolt up options? or is there any simple motor swaps i can do that wont cost me a fortune? and how hard would a d series swap be? and wats the easiest d series swap i could do that would be worth it??

if you have a d

then putting a d in will be easy

its seriously can be done in a few hours assuming you have the stuff needed and your tranny mount doesnt fall apart like mine did.. or that your axles actually come out without a fight

easiest way: pull axles.. unplug.. drop the thing out the bottom (tranny and motor).. put tranny to new motor.. put back in.. plug up (i would HIGHLY recommend that you change the water pump and timing belt on the new motor BEFORE putting it in the car.. if you dont have experience with this find someone who does.. you DO NOT want to f up the timing cause then we will have to explain to you how to fix it.. I would also say to LABEL plugs as you unplug them.. many people plug up stuff backwards and then wonder why the car wont crank or runs like ass)

You can probably pick up an entire d15b2 for next to nothing (not the most desired motors)

there are 19873474 write ups on the internet on d15b2 to d15b (w/ vtec) or to a d16 or to do a mini me swap

Archived