Body Kit Question

Lv2xlr8

Okay, new to imports. Want to get a body kit for my accord. I have heard some body kits have like a bar or something that helps protect you if you get in a wreck instead of just getting hit with the body alone. I hope I describe it so you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks

Okay, new to imports. Want to get a body kit for my accord. I have heard some body kits have like a bar or something that helps protect you if you get in a wreck instead of just getting hit with the body alone. I hope I describe it so you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks

never heard of anything like this.

Thanks

never heard of anything like this.

Hmmm, never knew body kits came with a safety bar...

...then again, I have heard of certain body kits where you have to remove the safety bar off your car to have them fit.

yeah, ive never heard of this. when i had a kit on my car, i had to remove the reinforcement bar (comes with the car to initiate the air bags). so basically, i was driving around with no reinforcement bar! so when i got into an accident, my whole front end was smashed in. the engine was severely damaged.

anyway, id like to find out more about this new bar kit thingy..

Even if these kits do have a bar to protect it if your kit is fiberglass then your fracked nope what how you wreak.

^ agreed.

but, i'm a dealer, and i haven't even heard of these... huh

• 1 month later...

I think hes just talking about the restraint bar behind any bumper. It's true that some body kits (cheap ones) require you to remove the reinforcment bar which Is the STUPIDEST thing you can do 1) because behind the reinforcment bar is an airbag sensor (in cars that have air bags) so any little impact would set it off if the bar was removed and 2) like said above thats the only main safety device attached to the frame.. take that off any you could be f**ked in a head on collision :crazy:

I bought a cheap kit,, and if i removed the bar it would fit, but im going to have to custom fit it with body filler and such.. :mad:

Archived