Question on computers for Del Sol

del sol daddy-O

I am getting ready to replace my d15b7 in my 1993 sol (automatic) with a d16z6 (complete with wiring harness) and was wondering if I will need to replace the computer as well. I am new to dealing with Hondas/ front wheel drives and just don't know. The donor vehicle was a civic and the computer that was in it was crushed where the car was cut apart by the jaws of life during extrication of the entrapped passengers,so getting it really wasn't a viable option. I would appreciate any input anyone could give me. Thanks

I am getting ready to replace my d15b7 in my 1993 sol (automatic) with a d16z6 (complete with wiring harness) and was wondering if I will need to replace the computer as well. I am new to dealing with Hondas/ front wheel drives and just don't know. The donor vehicle was a civic and the computer that was in it was crushed where the car was cut apart by the jaws of life during extrication of the entrapped passengers,so getting it really wasn't a viable option. I would appreciate any input anyone could give me. Thanks

Yes you will need to replace ECU with a P28 ECU. You will not have Vtec if you do not. Also you may or may not throw a code??? Make sure it is a auto ecu as well since you have a auto Del Sol.

ok just like they said ^^^^ you have to replace the ecu with a p28 but it has to be a auto ecu so good luck but after that you should run fine. but why dont you make it a 5speed you are not going to get anywere with a auto

ok just like they said ^^^^ you have to replace the ecu with a p28 but it has to be a auto ecu so good luck but after that you should run fine. but why dont you make it a 5speed you are not going to get anywere with a auto

Thanks for the replies. I had thought of converting to a 5 speed but my 16 yr old son will be driving this car as well and dont really want to let him have that much fun. I am mainly using this car as a commuter vehicle for now. Maybe build it up a little later on down the road... just have to wait and see.

Thanks again

Awe, come on, all new drivers should start on a manual. It gives them a much better appreciation of driving and forces them to pay more attention to what they are doing.

It is also considerably more difficult to drive a manual and do other distracted driving actions. With the del sol being so small anyway, driving and texting, eating or getting frisky with the ladies is downright impossible unless you have a deathwish or are a professional driver. The majority of kids texting and driving would not be doing so if they had to deal with shifting the transmission.

i think its good bc you never know what could come up and he may need to know how to drive one. "like if his firend had a 5speed and couldnt drive then he could" i dont konw im just pulling sh!t out of my a$$. but i still think its good to learn on them.

I drive and txt in my sol lol

I drive and txt in my sol lol

try driving, shifting, texting and navigating rush hour in a large city. not for the faint of heart. for all but the most accomplished manual trans drivers it simply cannot be done.

Archived