89 CRX IDLE PROBLEMS

96EXCIVIC

I have a problem with my CRX.. It is an 89 CRX DX. It has the MINI ME SWAP. The D15B2 Block with a D16Y8 Head. It Idles at 2800 Rpms and I cannot get it to come down.. I turned the Idle down and it still surges.. When it warms up , it drops to 2300 Rpms. Any Help Would greatly be appreciated.. after i drive it for like 25 mins. it drops between 1200 and 1700.

I have a problem with my CRX.. It is an 89 CRX DX. It has the MINI ME SWAP. The D15B2 Block with a D16Y8 Head. It Idles at 2800 Rpms and I cannot get it to come down.. I turned the Idle down and it still surges.. When it warms up , it drops to 2300 Rpms. Any Help Would greatly be appreciated.. after i drive it for like 25 mins. it drops between 1200 and 1700.

could be a range of things

did it start right after the mini me swap?

does it surge from a low rpm to 2800 or just stay at 2800?

first: check wiring... thats your best bet

are you running to correct ecu?

make sure you have the map and tps sensor plugged in correctly.. also make sure you didnt accidently swap any plugs on the back

i would say wiring is messed up though

I have the same problem, I have replaced everything short of the ecu and it still does it. good luck on finding the problem son.

• 3 weeks later...

I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM.. A wise old man told me to take the IACV. ( IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE ) off and clean it. I did and it stopped it. It idles at 1400 rpms on warm up . and drops to 900 Rpms after warm up and driving.. ( SPECS FOR IDLING ARE 700-800 RPMS) in all HONDA's!!!! In other words. All i did was unbolt the IACV and remove the coolant hoses. I used CRC Throttle Body Intake Cleaner. and then I covered the holes and shook it up and down and all around. dumped out the remaining and did the process again. Make sure to dump out remaining, then LET DRY BEFORE USING WD-40. THEN I used WD-40 to lube up the spring and it fixed my problem.. All my wiring in straight and nothing was hooked up wrong.. Dump out the excess of WD-40 before reinstalling. It will hesitate first but it will burn of the residual WD-40 as it is FLAMMABLE.. It will save you $200 - $300 in a new IACV.. Also spray the two holes in the INTAKE and Butterfly inside the THROTTLE BODY while u r at it..

Archived