Starting over again

grape1161

I have a 93 Del Sol SI that I had to park this past September, and I want to get it running good again. I know the battery is dead, so other than re-charging it, is there anything else that I have to do or check on the car to get it going ? I live in Ohio, where this past winter dumped 35+ inches of snow, so I want to make sure It's OK . . . Any help will be greatly appreciated ! :crazy:

well i would check all the fluides in the car i would drain the gas to bc that is going to be bad i bet and i would not get on it either or dog it bc you could find yourself mess alot of with the car just sitting. it would be like breaking in a new motor. but make sure you check the oil and coolent and i would flush everything out after you see it running fine just to help clean everything out

your battery MIGHT not hold a charge so if it doesnt youll need a new battery.. you might need new tires if they are dryrotted or flatspotted.. probally will need a tune up, change your oil and oil filter.. and make sure your belt if free of any objects, animals, or whatever that may have used your car for shielding the itself from the winter cold..

Flatspotted tires from parking is no big deal. They'll pop back out after a few miles and some heat. If they are older, they may not have flatspotted much anyhow. I would'nt worry about it unless it feels like you got square tires. Just make sure thay are at Owners Manual PSI, NOT the pressure on the side of the tire.

Don't need to do anything fancy, the car really hasn't been sitting up THAT long. At most you'll have to deal with the battery then just pull the EFI fuse and crank the car over a few times to prime the oil system. Then start it up and give it a good drive. If you feel inclined to do a little more then get PB LMT and spray a few seconds worth into each spark plug hole, let it sit for 15 - 20 minutes, crank over the car like stated earlier, then start it up normally. Change the oil as soon as convenient. I have several vehicles that setup for months at a time and that procedure has never failed. Though I do pull the batteries out and put them on float chargers when they are not in service.

Archived