Making some door sills

So since I have access to the machine shop on campus, once I'm finished with my senior design for Raytheon I'm going to try to make some custom door sills.

I'm going to get some aluminum like this, about 21" by 3/4" and then engrave the Audi logo into them using a CNC machine. I made the logo today in SolidWorks so now I just have to convert it to G-code...hopefully that won't be too much of a pain.

Anyway here's what I did, and a pic of what the door sills will be like. Mine won't be chrome like that, just aluminum.

audipic.jpg

audipic2.jpg

8-Door_Sill_1.jpg

Well its just typing the code into the machine that would take forever. You cant just say trace this. You have to program every x,y coordinate in. So unless its a perfect circle or ellipse your s.o.l.

you can get programs that convert solidworks drawings into g-code, but i dont have 8 grand to blow on that

Well its just typing the code into the machine that would take forever. You cant just say trace this. You have to program every x,y coordinate in. So unless its a perfect circle or ellipse your s.o.l.

you can get programs that convert solidworks drawings into g-code, but i dont have 8 grand to blow on that

sometimes even 10K lol

Archived