afc hack or ???

ok so im trying to figure out what another option to the afc hack ...

it might be because im noob to boost and dont fully understand but, if i have this E.C.U http://www.xenocron.com/chipped-obd1-nonvtec-ecu-p-154.html and use Crome will i still need the afc hack ?

And before anyone say's google ive been researching different setup's for over a year ive decided on which i want to run now im just trying to under stand the options i have ... all help is apreciated , but please dont make a comment if you dont fully understand it yourself

thanks in advance

ok so im trying to figure out what another option to the afc hack ...

it might be because im noob to boost and dont fully understand but, if i have this E.C.U http://www.xenocron....-ecu-p-154.html and use Crome will i still need the afc hack ?

And before anyone say's google ive been researching different setup's for over a year ive decided on which i want to run now im just trying to under stand the options i have ... all help is apreciated , but please dont make a comment if you dont fully understand it yourself

thanks in advance

no worries dude the whole tuning ecu thing can be very confusing. It takes A LOT of TIME to weed through the BS to actually learn about it etc. and if you weren't there from the beginning of most of the forums back in '04 you're the generaly the dork for asking the question when every thread goes haywire.

to answer your question. IF you have and use that ecu with a crome, ectune or...yeah thats your options you will not need an air fuel controller. let's put this in old computer internet terms.

you have lets say 2 main ways to build a web site. 1) by writing HMTL code and uploading it to your server (or however it gets done..idk) or 2) by using a web site builder kinda like what geocities.com had back in the day( is that around anymore?)

Writing the HMTL code is crome. It gets rid of the middle man=piggy back.

And AFC is like geocities...It takes the actual knowledge out of tuning or for metaphorical example web site building and dumbs it up ENORMOUSLY!

So all in all at the end of the day just get the chipped xenocron ecu get tuned and your done for engine management until you modify something. Even something as small as your turbo manifold..

hope I helped enjoy.

thanks it did help alot .

that was my impression but i wasnt sure . now the question is should i get my own wideband o2 & afr gauge ? or just rely on the ppl tuning my car to do it right ?

also these are the gauges i want to get are any of them not super important or is there anything i left out?

1. Boost

2. oil pressure

3. coolant temp

4. air fuel ratio

thanks it did help alot .

that was my impression but i wasnt sure . now the question is should i get my own wideband o2 & afr gauge ? or just rely on the ppl tuning my car to do it right ?

also these are the gauges i want to get are any of them not super important or is there anything i left out?

1. Boost

2. oil pressure

3. coolant temp

4. air fuel ratio

Importance of the coolant temp gauge really depends on the ECU setup. Air Fuel gauge has to be a wideband setup to have any real meaning. You need to add a good fuel pressure gauge to that list, it is MORE important than any other gauge listed.

Archived