Got an Alignment check up

SpeedDemon

alignment.jpg

thats my spec sheet for alignment. tire discounter is telling me i need the following:

front adjustable ball joints

rear camber arms

supposedly a blown front right strut, but i cant tell, and there isnt any body "flopping"

i thought hondas werent meant to have adjustable ball joints? but im not sure so i figured i would ask.

what do you think i should do seeing as im on a tight budget?

You only need adjustable ball joints if you plan on significantly lowering the car. Otherwise skip it and just rotate your tires.

Best method to check for blown shock is just look at it. There should be 0 grease on the shock body. If it looks greasy or dirtier then the other shocks (dirt sticks to the grease better) then you do need it replaced. You do not need rear camber arms if you plan on running a fixed height. Just unbolt the upper control arms and use grade 9 nickel washers as spacers behind the control arm. Add as many washers as needed to perfect your rear camber.

You only need adjustable ball joints if you plan on significantly lowering the car. Otherwise skip it and just rotate your tires.

Best method to check for blown shock is just look at it. There should be 0 grease on the shock body. If it looks greasy or dirtier then the other shocks (dirt sticks to the grease better) then you do need it replaced. You do not need rear camber arms if you plan on running a fixed height. Just unbolt the upper control arms and use grade 9 nickel washers as spacers behind the control arm. Add as many washers as needed to perfect your rear camber.

i just got new tires the day i took the car to tire discounters, so im not gonna rotate them anytime soon. and i couldnt tell with the strut, since there was water everywhere. it was a bit more wet than the drivers side but i really couldnt tell. they said i had 6 weeks to decided what to do.

good idea for the rear camber though

I typoed the washer. You want grade 8 washers, not 9. :crazy:

Just rotate the tires every 5k or so and you should not have any negative effects from a minor camber issue.

Archived