inexpensive fix/ replacement for coil overs

ruffdawg

Hi all, 1st post and I am seeking advice. My friend has a civic that he needs to sell. The civic has coil overs on it now and they are the absolute worst! They must be replaced before he sells it. There is no dampening at all in them at all.

I am looking for a cheap but good fix for this. He wants to keep it lowered.

1. Where is the best deal for springs?

2. Where is the best deal for struts to match?

3. Doesn't have to be top of the line, it just has to work and improve the ride.

I have checked summit racing and I can get Eibach sports and kyb struts for about 450.00 shipped.

Thanks!

Oh and in case it matters, it is a 2000 civic coupe, DX

i'll sell you my stock si springs.. 50 shipped.

they'll fit.

post pics of the civic in question.. i may want the coilovers.

Thanks, if it were up to me I would be interested. However he wants to keep it lowered. If your interested in the coil overs they should be off later today and I can send you some pics. Neither of us know what kind they are, he bought the car with them on.

Mike

the closer to stock he can get it the more money he will make on a sale.

Its a good point. I think I should go back and talk to him about it. Thanks for the help.

Oh, and just in case he doesn't want to do it:

I took the coil overs off today and they are in good shape, but the struts (stock) are blown. Is there a reasonbly priced aftermarket lowering strut available? Maybe I should just replace the struts?

• 3 weeks later...

Its a good point. I think I should go back and talk to him about it. Thanks for the help.

Oh, and just in case he doesn't want to do it:

I took the coil overs off today and they are in good shape, but the struts (stock) are blown. Is there a reasonbly priced aftermarket lowering strut available? Maybe I should just replace the struts?

i got a new stock strut for about 50 bucks at the auto parts store

Archived