What is the top speed of a 2003 s2000?

I am a new member, just joined. I have had a s2000 for about 1.5 years. Bought it with 19k on it and when I parked it it in the fall had 59k. Best quality sports car I ever had. I want to go to Bonnyville for speed week, or dream about it. What is the procedure for running there and what is the top speed of my car? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I know what the top speed is, 269 kms or 169 mph. I have done 235 or so, when I shifted to 6th gear. The track would do no good, as fear as top speed goes, there is no track long enough to get up to 270kms or so. It took a straight stretch on a desperted road at 300 in the morning to get me up to 235 kms and then I was worried about deer on the road, or a porcupine or a old newspaper causing problems. But thats what the internet says.... Can I tape of the seams and do a little legal streamlining to boost speed by 2-3 kms? What is the world record for this car unmodified? This is why I was thinking speed week in Bonnyville. I am thinking I will have to join an American California based sports car club to be able to run it there. I am in Edmonton, Canada. Cant seem to find much info on line, hell I may have to phone there.

Archived