Thanks for the replys! condensation & Mold in Del sol

kriss11

Thanks for the replys. Team Del sol gives a couple of tutorials on trunk leaks, these seem to make sense to me. I think its coming from above on mine not below. Probably has more than one leak though. The hose did not help in detection. Someone mentioned regreasing the seals. Does that seem worth while on a vehicle that is 17 years old or are they pretty much shot this late in the game?

That sounds like something perverse---forgive me got inot the red wine tonight --I would love to pick your brain and take you up on this-- but I know your time is limited and I know better than to get in the way of date night. However, I am probably right around the corner from your friends place.

nah go get some lovin from the hubby, and you got my # if you ever got any questions. and as long as its a day off... I dont mind driving, i take random trips to boise (to see pearce), and the beach, salem, ashland, etc. I know for sure ill be up there next wed and thurs, and will also be up that way for a super bowl party in kirkland with some friends of the family, and probably stopping by my friends house in ballard on my way up and on my way back.

Thanks for the replys. Team Del sol gives a couple of tutorials on trunk leaks, these seem to make sense to me. I think its coming from above on mine not below. Probably has more than one leak though. The hose did not help in detection. Someone mentioned regreasing the seals. Does that seem worth while on a vehicle that is 17 years old or are they pretty much shot this late in the game?

Without detailed photos, it's tough to say if your seals are beyond saving. Shin Etsu is a good idea to TRY before replacement just because of the cost involved. While the grease isn't CHEAP, it is a lot less than seals. The grease will swell old seals a bit and make better seals at mating surfaces. Make sure to do 2 coats. 1st will largely absorb into the old rubber, so the 2nd (lighter) coat will do more to make a better seal.

Good luck and hope you figure it out.

Without detailed photos, it's tough to say if your seals are beyond saving. Shin Etsu is a good idea to TRY before replacement just because of the cost involved. While the grease isn't CHEAP, it is a lot less than seals. The grease will swell old seals a bit and make better seals at mating surfaces. Make sure to do 2 coats. 1st will largely absorb into the old rubber, so the 2nd (lighter) coat will do more to make a better seal.

Good luck and hope you figure it out.

Thanks, The why part of your explanation was really clear--appreciate it.

Archived