Interior Finishing

FlashGorden

I apologize in advance if this topic already exists, and I would be more than happy if someone could direct me to it. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking about refinishing my dash and doors. I know I'm the strange one on the Forum, I have a Scion xD, but you all are a lot more active than the Scion Forum I'm on. The dash and doors are stock plastic with a waffle print of sorts. Now this is cool and all, except it's starting to grind on my nerves after over a year of having the car. I don't know if it's my desire to have a new car or just a change of scenery. I do know that I would like to refinish them with a vinyl fabric, to give the illusion of having a leather finish on my dash and doors. I plan on refinishing the plastic trim on the interior as well.

The questions are:

1) How ridiculously hard is this going to be? I'm looking to attach fabric to not smooth plastic, but rather a waffle print.

2) What would be the best way to do this? I know I'm going to over wrap the doors, but should i just use super glue? Or is there a better method of fixing fabric to stock plastic?

3) If I plan on doing the headliner, doors, and dash, should I also do the pillars? I know that's more of an aesthetic, but I'm interested in knowing what you all think.

I was thinking of doing a black stitched vinyl on the headliner and then doing a cream vinyl on the doors and dash. However I am open to suggestions. The outside is a Nautical Blue Metallic.

3989780-640.jpg

my build thread has an interior rewrap on it, check it out homeslice

Straight!!!!!! Thanks cm.

CM, Just checked your topics under your profile page. I didn't see a build thread. Is it under a different account you have on here or am I just that tired I can't read at the moment? Because I know I'm pretty dammn exhausted.

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry401344

(its in my siggy)

anyways guess there wasnt many of the rewrap just the finished product so

Heres how to do it

clean off all old dressing with alcohol

Lay part on the back side of the vinyl you want to use cut a piece that is a couple of inches bigger on all sides

Spray both the panel and the fabric with 3m trim adhesive

clamp, trim, and mount.

It sounds easy, but it took me a few weeks to do mine. And it was in a garage not being driven.

you know your on a honda forum?

anyways yea check cmgogo thread and there also a few other there a company that overlays interior peices to be carbon fiber look alike check them out fibercations.com or something like that google it

you know your on a honda forum?

anyways yea check cmgogo thread and there also a few other there a company that overlays interior peices to be carbon fiber look alike check them out fibercations.com or something like that google it

I know I'm on a honda forum. Lexi asked me to join, b/c i'm interested in all cars. The knowledge base to achieve the mods such as this though shouldn't matter on the type of car. If you're rewrapping plastic in a honda, it's probably the same for a ford, or scion/tyota, or anything else.

yea i kno your welcome here i was just saying cause the one time at band camp i tryd to get on here and there was some toyota dude on here and he was a little confused..

anyways.. you could also get your own fabric or lay fiberglass over it and sand it down and lay paint

when i eventually redo it im going to be making a mold out of plaster and making fiberglass panels to replace the stockers then wrapping them in fabric, and anything that is red in my car im going to use carbon fiber (carbon kevlar blend) and glass those. But that wont be for a while.

And for my car with its shtty stock sun faded looking grey it was def worth it.

Archived