gauge cluster fit

badbash27

alright so I have a 93 sol si. Need a new gauge cluster cause the nob before me super duper glued some crap ass after market gauges to the stockers. And of course now they don't work, making driving at night and not speeding a real pain in the ass. I found a cluster on ebay for a decent price, except its not from a 93. As far as exactly what year, I am not sure. All I know is that its got four idiot lights under the tack, tranny, battery, oil, and the other one. ( not sure what ) the red line is at a little past 8k. Speed-O goes up to 180, and she has a low fuel idiot light. My question to you fine people is if it will work in my 93. I have no doubt that it will fit, but as far as actually calibrate, I am not sure. Also, assuming that it does work, anyone have a clue if the low fuel light will work? Thanks in advance guys.

On civics of that gen the clusters were all changeable. Even though the tachs had different red lines they were in fact, all the same tach with just different paint on it.

You sol is a slightly different situation as base model gauge clusters actually have a different tach with a different calibration in it. I have not replaced one myself so I cannot give you a definitive answer.

If the speedo goes up to 180, it's from a VTEC model.. Not sure if that'll work or not, depends on if the difference is in the VSS or the cluster... If the B-series tranny uses the same VSS as the D-series trans, then you're golden. You'll just never be able to go farther than about 2/3 up the speedo.

You might be able to jumper the VTEC cluster to the VSS before you install it, jack the front tires up in the air, use T-pins or paperclips to backprobe the VSS and figure out which connector is to the speedo on the cluster... If the two clusters read the same speed, you're good to go.

Your car did not come with a dohc seb, your car is not the american VTEC model (which is not the same as an SI with the sohc vtec engine.)

Del Sol S - sohc non-vtec

Del Sol SI - sohc vtec

Del Sol VTEC - dohc vtec

Not completely true... my sol is a VTEC, and it goes up to 180, BUT, it goes up to 180 KPH, not MPH.

Feeling left out? I was ignoring the KPH clusters for the sake of brevity.

So, if you're in the UK or Japan or anywhere else using short metric units, it'd be 180 for the Si, and... probably 300 for the VTEC? Or is it 280?

wow, i feel dumb, the cluster that im looking at is 180kmh not mph. not really sure if I feel like figuring that out all day, especially if there is a chance the speedo wont work at all. thanks guys.

wow, i feel dumb, the cluster that im looking at is 180kmh not mph. not really sure if I feel like figuring that out all day, especially if there is a chance the speedo wont work at all. thanks guys.

Well, if it's the 180 kmh that'd be the same as the 120 mph... Should work great. You'd just be relying on the mph on the inner ring... I'm assuming KMH clusters have MPH in tiny numbers on the inside like MPH clusters have KMH?

JDM%20EG%20Del%20Sol%20gauge%20cluster%20(Manual)%20Large.jpg

It would appear your car isn't a jdm unit, or was modified after shipment. do a google image search for jdm del sol cluster. every single picture showing a cluster with kmh as the primary measurement has only kmh on the cluster.

Every Del Sol was built in Japan - so every Del Sol around the world has Japanese writing and stickers all over them.

My USDM 93 Del Sol S had Japanese stickers all over it too.

I know what you are saying, and not disputing that your car has a dual cluster in it. I'm just pointing out that the "typical" JDM cluster is KMH only. As far as I can remember CDM cars have a dual cluster with KMH over MPH in them but they were not supposed to be legal for import into the US anyway. Go figure.

Archived