spark plug question

project94s

im wondering what kinda of plugs are commonly being used in a built d16...im sure im going with ngk but my question is is anyone switching to colder plugs upon building up their d-series.....im going to run 10.2mm wires and a z6 dizzy....ne help will be appreciated...also please explain y you have chosen the plugs you are running...thanks

i personally am not running colder plugs. . . YET. i will be when i add more power though.

from my understanding a colder plug means it will not spark as early as a hotter plug will and therefore not produce detonation. BUT i could be wrong,

i personally am not running colder plugs. . . YET. i will be when i add more power though.

from my understanding a colder plug means it will not spark as early as a hotter plug will and therefore not produce detonation. BUT i could be wrong,

[/quote

where ever you heard that from that is true

Uhh... colder plugs will prevent detonation if you're having trouble with it... but it doesn't spark later. The tip cools off faster which means the air/fuel charge is less likely to ignite when it hits it.

^ ahhh. makes more sense. i guess i was half right.

Yup. So, basically, if you do some upgrading and start having detonation issues, try colder spark plugs. Just a cheap fix for when you aren't quite to the point where you need to start buying higher octane fuel.

Archived