JDM D15B runs badly

I got a JDM D15B in my 90rex, i bought it with the swap so i dont know how well it was done. IT still has the stock dual point inj. system too. I seem to be hitting a wall in power around 2500-3500 rpm it sputters BAD then goes like a bat outta hell if i get past the 3k. I swapped the TB, because it was throwing a TPS sensor and i just had a tb with good tps laying around. It Cleared the code but didn't fix the problem. now its throwing code 1 and 20 from the ecu and it O2 and electrical overload(wft?) AND its pops the CE light after driving for a little while.

U guys gotta help this is my only car and this is really gonna piss me off. Motor only has 45k miles on it.

The fact that it is a different engine. Just because the fuel delivery is the original doesn't necessarily mean that it will work with any engine you throw in there.

What I offered is not a solution, but an initial step in troubleshooting. An answer to the question I posed instead of more questions would be in order. Which ECU does your car currently have?

The fact that it is a different engine. Just because the fuel delivery is the original doesn't necessarily mean that it will work with any engine you throw in there.

What I offered is not a solution, but an initial step in troubleshooting. An answer to the question I posed instead of more questions would be in order. Which ECU does your car currently have?

pm5mz

Next question: you need to find out which of the three d15bs you own. There is a obd0 non-vtec, obd1 single stage vtec, and a obd2 three stage vtec. All three use entirely different ecus. Which do you have? (all of them have exactly the same engine code. I am guessing you have the non-vtec but we need to be sure. Check for a vtec solenoid.)

Archived