car sputters while driving on freeeway

mykalpowell

the problem occurred a couple years back while driving on road trips a few weeks in a row, started to lose acceleration(sputtering). so i pushed in the clucth, reved it a couple of times and it seemed to go away - until the next road trip when i had to turn around and head home for the problem did not go away. now it comes and go's and never in the summer time. these days it only happens in the morning as i get on the freeway where the onramp is a hill, 3 out of five mornings, but does go away. i've changed the plugs, wires, fuel filter, oxy sensor. . .was reading about an idle air control valve?? the car has always run like a top and just loves road trips. .the problem prolly started at about 160k miles - any suggestions would be of a great help, i cannot take it to a shop, for the car does not act up

i know exactly what woure talkin about. i have a 1988 prelude 2.0S and had that same problem, and i just started poking around the engine bay and fixed it. i think it was a bad ground. look for bad grounds cause on your model if its carbbed you dont have an IACV.

Archived