Improving Color in Firefox

This wasn't obvious to me so I figured it might not be obvious for others, too. Today I realized Safari displayed colors waaay more vivid and accurate than Firefox. I googled and discovered Safari has color management enabled by default, while Firefox does not. I didn't even know what color management was until I noticed the differences. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Opera also do not have this enabled. To fix this on Firefox, you can either go into the about:config screen or download this addon, which does the same thing and a little more: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6891

The tree on the left is Firefox before I enabled color management and on the right is Safari. The right is what it now looks like with it enabled. Viewing this on an enabled Firefox, the left doesn't seem as dull of course, but before the difference is night and day, still is really. I thought Photobucket was dumbing down my photos, which they are, just not with color. It was my lack of color management dulling the online photos.

4059269960_e1d292a209_b.jpg

Anyway, I hope I'm not the last person to figure this out and it does something for you Firefox users.

• 2 months later...

Archived