headlights

BigBirdSucks

hey, my stock headlights suck, so I'm getting some xenons. what's the bulb number?(ie: 9004, 9007.....)

xenons aren't any better... i had them in my sol for a few months, before they blew, and they didn't help much.

• 3 months later...
hey, my stock headlights suck, so I'm getting some xenons. what's the bulb number?(ie: 9004, 9007.....)

There are 2 different type of xenon gas your talking about the wanna be blue colored bulb, and the true HID. (which contains xenon gas) Which get's ingnited and discharges brite. Which one do you want?

silverstars look nothing like HID I soon as i saw that freaking commercial i bought them there just brighter than the standard Bulb

I know that-nothing looks like real HID except real HID. :) I have just heard good things about the silverstars, being that they are brighter, they may be exactly what BigBirdSucks wants.

silverstars are the closest thing you can get to HID's without actually getting HID's...read the package :p

although, for $25 a light...you might as well spend $400 for HID's. every few months a light will burn out and you'll have to replace it...so in the end you'll be saving money.

Are you talking bout the HiD bulbs burning out every few months? ( The blue colored light look more HID is) than the silver stars cause the blue bulbs that claim they have xenon gas use a higher wattage/ more voltage.

The the silverstars should'nt burn out every few months they should last you the a whole year.

the brights on my silverstars burned out after about 4 months of use...i ran with my brights on during the day all the time so thats probably why. the blue ones i had before (silvania CB's) burned out even quicker, and weren't nearly as bright. silverstars burn at like 4300k don't they? lowest HID you can get is 5300k.

actual HID bulbs have a life expectancy of 2500 hours. can halogens do that?

• 1 month later...

Personally I think The silverstars Suck! I installed a pair on my bros Pathfinder - did not notice a difference other than they're not as yellow as stock.

Try PIAA (forgot what kind it was [it had japanese writing on the box & its an H4])I had them on my sol - UP close they produce a purple tinge and from far away they're bluish Purple. It lasted me a more than a year. Paid $84 Canadian and it came with a 1 year warrenty.

Yes its expensive for bulbs, but if you want something that truely resembles HID without paying for HID..... anyways just my .02

Don't get me started on PIAAs.

I would not recommend them to anyone. I have owned a pair of Super Whites myself and glad they burned out finally so that I could get rid of them.

Do not get bulbs that claim HID-like outputs and/or higher wattage from your stock wattage. Most of it is just marketing BS and those bulbs just reduce the light from the outer edges to focus in on a main hotspot, which makes you think it's brighter and you can see better, when in actuality you see less aside the road right in front of your car.

And the blue/purple bulbs? Those take away from your visibility also. Those HID-like bulbs are dipped/coated in paint to give off the HID-look. That doesn't help any one bit by cancelling out parts of the light spectrum.

Other than OEM bulb manufacturers (Sylvannia, GE...), there's not much else reliable lighting out there...and that definetly is not PIAA.

Archived