High pitched squeaking at high RPM

MikeDubs

at high rpms, my civic has a high pitched squeaking noise coming from the engine area. I dont know exactly what RPMs it starts at, it seems to do it regardless of what gear it is in, even if clutch isnt engaged.

my civic is completely stock under the hood.

I have a D16Y7 SOHC non-vtec engine

The oil is not low

I am at a loss as to what to look for or check other than that.

Thanks in advance

yes, it is a squeaky whine and it does get worse at higher rpms. I usually just take the whine as my cue to shift. I have had the car for a month and I didnt notice it till I got wheels changed.

they make have over torqued the lug nugs. mine ended up being torqued at 195 lbs. after i loosened the lugs the squeal wasnt as bad.

but if its getting worse as the rpms go up then its rotation based. so i would go through everything that works that way. try putting your car up on jackstands with the front wheels hanging in air. then SLOWLY let the clutch out and have someone listen right next to the wheels to see if thats where the squeal is coming from. how many miles are on the car?

they make have over torqued the lug nugs. mine ended up being torqued at 195 lbs. after i loosened the lugs the squeal wasnt as bad.

but if its getting worse as the rpms go up then its rotation based. so i would go through everything that works that way. try putting your car up on jackstands with the front wheels hanging in air. then SLOWLY let the clutch out and have someone listen right next to the wheels to see if thats where the squeal is coming from. how many miles are on the car?

ever had the clutch replaced or the flywheel/pressure plate turned?

still has original clutch, plus I learned how to drive stick in that car. so its a pretty bare clutch im sure. just dont have the cash to replace it yet.

Plus the guy I bought it from, his kid unsuccessfully learned how to drive stick on it, sold it to me cause his kid couldnt learn.

could be that the teeth are worn too much causing it to squeal. or he burnt the clutch/scored the flywheel. especially if the clutch got wore down to the rivets. id save some money and have it replaced regardless, just because its got high miles on it

well I want an engine swap, but dont see it in the near future, a stage 1 should be able to handle a B series with minor mods, such as cold air intake, header, and a high flow exhaust I think.

well I want an engine swap, but dont see it in the near future, a stage 1 should be able to handle a B series with minor mods, such as cold air intake, header, and a high flow exhaust I think.

go with stage two just for durability and strength

Also, what do you mean by DD? daily driver?

yep

ACT is hands down the best for a civic. great durability and performance.

but since your close to NC take a look here

http://www.buyimportperformance.com/product_p/8022-2100.htm

its called http://www.blueridgemotorsports.com

ive had some good luck with them, even had my headgasket come 3 days early

Archived