F22A1

xmodspawn

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've got a question for you smarties out there. I have 94 Prelude S that i purchased back in 07, it already had intake, headers, and exhaust when i bought it. It has a F22A1 engine on it ( BUMMER!) but since i just recently got married, and getting a house in a few months, i have no spare $$ to invest in a H22 + a turbo kit. So what i thought of doing was waiting till next year and purchase a cheap turbo kit for it, and btw, its got all stock internals so if when it gets turbo'd it would be at a low 7psi.

I found this turbo kit off ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95-ACCOR...#ht_4737wt_1113

what my question now is, how safe is it to run the F22a1 stock internals with a 7psi boost ? This is my only car, so it has to be a reliable setup. Any help and or tips would be highly appreciated!

Thanks you guys :) any comments on the Ebay turbo kit ? I know alot of people try to stay away from kits from ebay but a friend of mine bought his Turbo kit for his 300zx from there and hes been running it for almost a year now without any probs (9psi)

with the money invested in getting the f22 setup with a turbo youd probly be better off just forking up alittle extra and getting the h22. there not really that expensive and youd probably b running about the same hp as you would with f22 + turbo. youd also hav a healthy platform for a build later. also depends if you can do the work or not. just my opinion

with the money invested in getting the f22 setup with a turbo youd probly be better off just forking up alittle extra and getting the h22. there not really that expensive and youd probably b running about the same hp as you would with f22 + turbo. youd also hav a healthy platform for a build later. also depends if you can do the work or not. just my opinion

yea, thats the thing... i have like around 1K to spend ...( next year ) thats where i wanted to spend it on the turbo rather than a H22A.

Also another question, would a H22A with its tranny fit right into the Prelude S without any moddification ? I've seen H22A's complete with tranny and ECU and all the wiring for about $1,800-$2,400. You guys tell me, if its better just to save for another year and get the H22 or to use the $1k for the turbo for the F22 ?

yea, thats the thing... i have like around 1K to spend ...( next year ) thats where i wanted to spend it on the turbo rather than a H22A.

Also another question, would a H22A with its tranny fit right into the Prelude S without any moddification ? I've seen H22A's complete with tranny and ECU and all the wiring for about $1,800-$2,400. You guys tell me, if its better just to save for another year and get the H22 or to use the $1k for the turbo for the F22 ?

the only reason i say go for the h22 is that youll have the power your looking for and way more torque and its just a lot better platform. have u done any research to see if the h22 will bolt on to your existing trany. ultimatly its your decision which ever way you go itll still be sweet

the jdm h22 came out of a prelude it will bolt right back in

thnx alot! ill start saving up a little 'extra' to buy a jdm H22 :D

another thing, ive seen theres H22A1 H22A2 and so on, which version of the H22 would be a guy one ? or are they the same ?

• 3 weeks later...
just do h23/vtec.

why a H23 ? and would that bolt on directly to the prelude body ? or would engine mounts be needed ?

And ive got another question, what exactly is that makes your car "ROAR" ? lol i know it sounds retarded but im trying to make mine a little quieter for now. Ive got a silencer on the exhaust. What about the air intake ? I know that getting the stock air intake will probably drop me down a few HP on the already "low HP F22A1" :laugh: but would that drop the overall sound the car produces ?

i personally hate that motor thats in your car right now since a prelude is supposed to be a sports car with a lame ass SOHC 2.2 motor in it.

h23 is just like the h22 minus vtec and less horsepower and torque. pair that short block with an h22 head and you got a good motor.

i dont know all what you need to get it going since i have not worked on the h series motors, but it has been done and you get a lot of horsepower and torque.

h23 compression ratio 9.8:1 h22a compression 11.0:1. to the best of my knowledge the olny difference in the h22 and h23 is obviosly the head but also the stroke. you can take the h23 internals and swap them in. that my plan anyway for a cheap stroker :-

Look up (bisimoto) online and just watch what he can do with that motor.

yea but look at the cost to do that ... if you read my first few posts i said im very short on $$$, if i wasn't i wouldnt bother fixing up my lil lude :p and would of just gone for a TT300zx :D

True I hear ya. Well maybe don't go that far but a little cam and some tuning could make that car fun for cheap!

yup! im gona get a compression test done on my engine and see if its still running good, if so, im just gona get one of those ebay turbo kits and run it at 6psi daily! :)

heres a little walk around the lude! :)

Archived