To flush the tranny or not to flush the tranny

mashguy

I'm buying my friends 85 Honda crx and it's never had the tranny fluid changed. It has almost 108,000 miles on it. I'm going to have the pan dropped and a new filter put in while I'm at it. But the question I have is should I have it flushed or just drained?. Tanners transmission has this power flush machine that's supposed to get most of the old fluid out. But I heard from some people that power flushing could be bad if there's something in there it could get lodged in there and cause problems?

Anyone have advice on this?

Thank you

I'm buying my friends 85 Honda crx and it's never had the tranny fluid changed. It has almost 108,000 miles on it. I'm going to have the pan dropped and a new filter put in while I'm at it. But the question I have is should I have it flushed or just drained?. Tanners transmission has this power flush machine that's supposed to get most of the old fluid out. But I heard from some people that power flushing could be bad if there's something in there it could get lodged in there and cause problems?

Anyone have advice on this?

Thank you

Personally I think thats BS, but what do I know. I have had it done 4 times and never experienced issues. Its not like they are using 100PSI and blowing the hell out of it!` Its enough that they can get all the tranny fluid out of the torque converter.

to take a shower before hot date or to not take a shower before hot date?

idk u tell me ? lol deff flush it if its not had it before

Or its like taking a shower with dirty water. If you dont get all the dirt off, whats the point?! :thumbsup:

Archived